Friday, October 21, 2016

of bike crashes and sewing projects

Saturday
frankie went over to Johnna's to visit with landon.
they always have a great time together and pick up right where they left off.
Johnna loves to get these cuties together.
we watched the darrows that day, though there's no photographic proof of that. that evening franks and Curtis went to Q's birthday party. it was a busy day for our resident blondie.

sunday
laura and I had made plans to get together for sunday dinner. she wants me to help her make a winter salad, only I forgot about my monthly bishops meeting so I didn't make it till 6:30. thankfully I had made my giant pumpkin roll before, and chris was willing to make a very runny version of creamed corn. matt made it home from work in time to eat and we had a nice night even though we never did make the salad.
we got home to another boo! we had our ghost in our window and everything, i'm not quite sure what happened. oh well! we got boo'd twice, and a boo'ing we did go that week.

monday
d played Halloween dress up and chose her costume.
always with the lovey. :)
I heart class dojo.
on Saturday I had decided to figure out costumes. addie had a specific costume in mind, so I set out in search of it, only to find that with only a week until trick or treat on the square, probs my only option was to sew it. I texted laura and she was like "heck yeah!" so on Monday after we dropped d off, we headed to joann's and picked up lots of goodies. we then had to rush to get the girls from  school, where does the time go??? Monday and Tuesday after the girls went to bed, I headed to mc's for sewing.
Tuesday
d got to go play a g's with the pre-k princesses.
they enjoyed their princess morning together.
and then went to school. :)
I had picked up Halloween doughnuts for a mid-week fhe and the girls loved them.
her new pose again.
Tuesday night was operation-make-a-difference at the school. everything looked so cute and we just love our cute school.
they had maker space stations set up that everyone enjoyed.
it's a new fun program at their school.
we shopped the book fair. each girl got to pick a new book and then it was story time.
both the assistant and principal spoke. also mr. eric - the best childrens librarian, mrs. owen - the best school librarian, and corporal delozier - our resource officer read to the kids. it was a good night.
Wednesday
I tried addie's costume bodice on her. it only had one sleeve and it was tiiiiiight. laura said "oh no!" and then offered to go buy more fabric and make another bodice. that's when I realized why I don't sew. I couldn't handle the thought of all that work! laura totally would have done it without me, but i'd feel terrible. i'm such a "good enough" kind of gal lately, I even suggested we sew in an extra strip of fabric to make it work. I ended up taking the girls over there Wednesday morning and laura sewed in the zipper so we could really try the dress on her. it is tight, but it will do! it's good enough! it's actually really cute, but definitely won't become an everyday dress for her like i'd hoped. that's ok, she's got two little sisters that will rock it.
finished product!

at this time of year I want to take pictures every time I drive. I usually look at them and wonder why I wanted to take each pic, but it's just really so beautiful and I just want to remember.
Thursday
that morning darlaina, Jodie, the preschool littles, and I went for a walk. Jodie is teaching us about photography, and this mornings lesson was how to find good picture lighting. this was pre-accident.
I don't often let Delaney ride her bike. we're usually on a mission when we head out on bikes, and she is s-to-the-low and sometimes needs help getting going. but this time I told her she could take her bike. we were headed down a small hill when disaster struck. Delaney starts heading down going way faster than I knew she'd be comfortable with. I froze. I just kept thinking she would stop for sure. she stops with her feet, and she wasn't even really doing that, and she wasn't screaming either. then she just kind of rolled off the sidewalk, flew over her handlebars, and landed in a thorny bush at the end of the road. as I ran down to rescue her I snapped this pic.
I felt soooo bad when I saw how scratched up her face was.
she didn't notice her face though, because her hand and arm was pretty scratched up too. her hand had several small thorns in it that she pulled out by herself. after a few minutes she touched a scratch on her face and said "did I scratch my face?" I white lied it and said no. I just didn't want her to freak, and her hand was bad enough. I just kept telling her how brave she was and what a cool story she'd be able to tell everyone.
we walked back home, exchanged her bike for big red, and headed down the big hill to the little park. she was all better by this point, and since we had jump bunch next and I knew she'd see her scratched up face in the mirror there, I told her she had a few scratches. she always wants me to take a picture so she can see, so here it is. she was good with it because the crisis had already passed. she even let me put Neosporin on it at the park.
they were rowing their boats. except for Delaney who said forget about the rowboat, I've got a motor boat, and did this the whole time.
they played basketball and worked on throwing the ball to each other. they actually did pretty well.
poor, battered lanes.
she really enjoyed telling her harrowing story to everyone that would listen. she was the most popular girl in school telling the kids at the park. and she had to go inside and tell miss lorrie and mrs. ramsey when we got to school. she's a cutie.
October piano practicing sometimes looks like this.
matt ran around packing and finally headed out at 4:00 for big schloss. he's had a stressful time at both jobs lately, so we are praying for an easy and calming trip for him. that's realistic when you're camping with a huge group of boy scouts, right?

No comments: