Thursday, October 20, 2016

boo's and stuff

we got boo'd! such a cute boo, i'm pretty sure I know from who. :)
addie and I were reading before bed (anne of green gables love) and heard the doorbell ring. we looked at each other confused for a minute before running down to see the fun. we called for franks and d before we headed out.
working backwards and too behind to care.
we lit a candle for sweet baby Harvey. and tiger and amy lynne and faith. and all the other sweet little babies. can't even imagine the heartache.
there was a death of one of the sailors in matt's shop, so he had to get all dressed up one day.
my handsome navy man. I clearly need to read my good housekeeping because I clearly did not get myself all presentable before my husband got home.
we went to our schools first teal pumpkin project event to raise awareness for kids with allergies. we'll have a little basket of play dough to give to those kids in addition to the 20 pounds of candy for everybody else.
then we did some campus beautification and pulled some weeds.
this girl "loves to look so fashion."
and to play by herself.
addie's sweet bestie gracie moved. I don't know who's more sad, addie, or me. that's ok. addie has 2 other best friends right down the hall. lucky girls.
we cleaned the church Friday afternoon since matt had to work the navy on Saturday.
our team is pretty awesome - rays, streeters, and schoeny's knocked the church out quick style and then headed to chicfila to reward ourselves. and then I shopped and couponed and then met up with darlaina to see sully that night. fun.
i'm a sucker for holidays. always have been. so one day I tried to get a cute shot of my Halloween girls. thanks lanes.
through a series of (maybe unfortunate?) events, we have found ourselves back in Daisey's for another year. and somehow (I need to learn to say "no") I am the money manager. can't be too much work, right?
frankie wanted to be a surfer for Halloween, but use a skateboard as a surf board. I love the creativity, so we pulled out our wetsuits. only, they are way too small now.
and when she moved her arms she incredible hulked the back zipper open. :/
d is doing jumpbunch. have I already posted this fact? she wanted to, then didn't want to, then finally agreed to try it for a piece of gum. she drives a hard bargain but I don't care. there are lots of things I don't want to try and sometimes gum makes it better. she loves jumpbunch and will love ballet in January.
she was the mystery student one day and was SO excited! there is a mystery student every day and they don't tell anyone who it is until the very end of the day. then if the mystery student hasn't been a perfect pupil, they don't tell them who it was. apparently d had been the student one day but hadn't gotten a prize cause she hadn't been perfect, (not sure why they would have told her this, or if it was even true, but you know) so that made this award that much more special.
she LOVED her card and bubbles.
also, the firefighters came to school that day and she loved that too. big day for miss d!
pre-k cuteness.
I turn in boxtops once or twice a year and rotate between girls classes. this month was frankie's turn, and with uncle frey's help we were able to turn in over 200 box tops. hope they win!
addie loves to read. and loves her own room.
I love carpools. we have a 3-way one worked out for frankie and it's pretty bomb.
this is her latest pose. she wanted a pic with her pumpkin.
a days girls made caramel apples. addie and I had just talked about making some, so she was so excited to go to church and make them.
franks was happy to show off her 1st aviator book challenge award, a cute little book to put on her backpack. they love their backpack charms and keychains.
d's teacher sent home a set of flash cards. she took them out right away, scattered them, and then put the alphabet together. she sang each time she needed the next letter and played happily like this by herself for a long time. then I read the flashcard instructions that said something like "don't give them all to your child right away, they might get overwhelmed." I love this smarty girl.
school pictures!
first school pictures ever!
:) we'll be redoing addies.
we also:
 
*hosted prek swap for laney's friends. 4 cute and silly and loud girls! whew!
*went to see my midwife for the last time before my ob retires and she goes to work in waldorf. the office is familiar and friendly and we had the best chat. made me sad. maybe I don't like change?
*had parent teacher conferences. addie is awesome. she sits at the compass table (with 2 special needs kids) because the teacher knows addie will always be sweet and helpful with them. if she needs things run to the office, she always knows she can call on addie and it will get done. and she's doing great academically as well. sweet franks is getting better about staying on task, but it's a challenge. later in the year she miiiight need some extra small group instruction, which we are fine with. she's a lively, smart, scattered girl and we want her to learn to magnify the qualities she has and learn to cope through the struggles. she's a great friend and a respectful student. and lanes is great. basically aced all her end of year pre-k stuff, so she'll be working more on word sounds and beginning reading. and she's not sassy at all, which is a relief. they are all doing well, yay!
*I had a day-o-meetings, 4 in one day, which culminated in my first ever unfinished treasurer report and skipping a relief society meeting I really wanted to go to. sometimes somethings gotta give though, and I know I made the right choice.
 
I started this post on sunday but then my blogger app kept quitting. now we're almost through with another weeks worth of fun, fun, fun. it's been a gorgeous October! maybe it will be a catchup blog weekend???

No comments: