Saturday, March 5, 2016

Sick and tired

This little piggy came into our room at 2:30. "My tummy hurts..." and throw up.
It's 10:00 and she's still going strong. Nothing like a vomit bug to test mom and dads ninja skills. At the first sound of heaving it's a mad race to get to the sick child before said child messes everywhere. Thankfully I've been blessed with some well aiming throwing up kids. They rarely miss the toilet/bucket/bowl they are aiming for. That said, we've still gone through 3 towels, with 2 more in the works and my mind has been made up that we do, in fact, need to keep all of our junkier towels for a few more years. Why does any of this matter? I don't know. I'm tired. And it's a navy weekend so daddy is tired too and not here to help. Some days are like this.

Working backwards. Chris has been playing in an indoor soccer league every Friday night. Brian is the captain, and together they created team shirts and a team name. Something about Wawa. One night Dari texted me that Chris had just gotten an assist and I was like, "wait, you're at the game?" It had never occurred to me to go! I don't know why, it just never clicked till she texted me. So now I've been to both games since then. Soccer at 9:30 on Friday night? Sure. My boy is #1 and scored his first goal last week on his birthday. Super fun!

Miss D has been dressing herself. I'm chilling out in my old age and sometimes even let her leave the house in her own ensembles. And I always let her wear them if we aren't leaving the house. I liked this shirt on shirt combo yesterday.
Yesterday we also woke up to a winter wonderland. It was beautiful, big, fat flakes falling and on the branches and shrubs. And we got a 2 hour delay out of it.
Alexis came to play for the day and she and Laney got along nicely. Weirdly we didn't have anything going on. And I have stuck to my weekly menu and made lemon chicken and pasta for dinner. Solid 1 thumb up. 

On Thursday we went to playgroup at Alecia's for the first time in a long time. Because it had been so long we all stayed super late. Then I made my usual dinner to family crescent chicken, mashed potatoes, and broccoli for a family that just had a baby. I was late with it, or course, so I didn't have time to finish our families dinner. Matt walked in, I said "please finish our dinner!" and walked out. He's a good guy. 

On Wednesday Sarah taught preschool. I dropped Alexis and Delaney off and went vt'ing with Darlaiana. Then I visited with sister Everett, who made me cry twice because of sweet things she said. I had two other visits scheduled, but both fell through. So I had time at home, hooray! I've been sticking pretty closely to my cleaning schedule as well as dinner schedule. Little things. 

I picked girls up and we picked Laney up because I had volunteered to help with daisies. It was super cute, they had Nicole come do a fitness course with them, brought healthy snacks to share (we brought little bags of popcorn), and then had a dental assistant come talk about dental health. I had Chris come get D and A and for about an hour, and then drop them back off on his way to church.
Wednesday was Dr. Suess' birthday, so we sent some book characters off to school. Laura Ingalls wilder was super cute and excited.
And then my little Cindy Lou Who was kind of a crowning hair accomplishment for this momma. We watched a couple YouTube videos, got our hairspray together, and just went for it. I think it turned out quite nicely and she got lots of compliments.
They're so fun!
And the hair held up! This was after school when she'd decided she was done with awesome hair.
The good days just keep passing by. 

No comments: