Saturday, October 3, 2015

Stormy

Today it has rained all.day.long. We have had gusts up to 35 mph and it kind of sounds like it's gonna blow the house down. Also, it feels like we went straight from summer to winter and me no likey. 

Delaney had another rough night and ended up sleeping till almost 10 this morning. We puttered and then Carolee came over and we pta'd and talked. Then I blinked and it was time to pick the big girls up from school. Since I needed to make copies and it wasn't raining too hard, we decided to walk and splash in puddles. 
It was fun halfway up, and then not as much fun. The wind picked up and Delaney and her two speeds (slow and slower) were in their lowest gear. Or whatever gear is slowest. Now when I tell her to hustle (or look alive, as the case may be) she says "i can't! I only have two speeds! I'm slow!"

I'm obsessed with rain pictures. Shell love 'em. 
After school I made an apple crisp while Addie wrote her (late) book report. We went to the missionary potluck at church tonight and it was delish. Delaney and Frankie were rough housing (shout out to grandma) and Delaney knocked her plate into her eye? drama and selfies ensued. 
It was a nice night to visit and enjoy eachothers company. 

Now to look back one day. Wednesday!
These two twin sisters were excited to see each other! One phrase that I hear regularly from both A and F is "so am I your mom now?" They love to play like they are Laneys (or anyone younger than them's) momma. And Laney likes being in charge of who her mom is, FYI. 
After school fun at the CWFDES! Where children soar! We really love our fresh and sparkly new school. 
Now that both A and F are in Girl Scouts, we have meetings every Wednesday evening. This week was Addie's brownie day. They play a cute game called "brownie to brownie" where the girls run around and touch body parts as directed - like "elbow to elbow," "foot to foot," etc. it was my turn to be the mother helper, which was kind of crappy because I had just gotten home, but also kind of good. the reason i signed up was because I knew I would be home and available. Seems like i just can't make plans without having something else come up, so I wanted to be sure I could get my helping day in early. ✔️
And those are Friday and Wednesday happenings. Supah exciting. 

No comments: