Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Marching on

Life just keeps marching on and I just keep trying to keep up. Such a blessing that I can keep up, and only drop the ball on half of my "stuff."

So, first bite of elephant. Yesterday started dark and early when Frank's had a "nightmawe" and came to our bed at 3:30. None of us could get back to sleep very well, and it was a sleepy, dizzy kind of day. 

It's spirit week (one of my favorite weeks of the year!) and for character day, Chris and his crew were ninja turtles, complete with fancy capes. Pret-ty cool. 
The girls got to school late, and Laney and I met up with Chris at his doctors appointment on the verge of late. This is our second new doctor in 7 months, and for this girl that likes continuity, that's not a fun thing. Add to that the fact that, even though we all spent a week going to "new patient" appoints with a Medstar doctor in March (5 new patient appointments in a week add up), we all get to go to "new patient" appointments with Medstar again. Oh bless. 
The good news is that I really like our newest new doctor. (For those keeping track, our old new doctor switched practices and is now only seeing 12 years old and older, and our original doctor is still married to crazy town, so no dice) I quickly texted the friends that have been frustrated with the dr situation in St. Mary's county that this is a good one, even if she is with Medstar. And she basically told Chris that I was right about his bum toe (Epsom salts for the win) and he should pretty much just always listen to me. Love her. 
After the doctor it was gymnastics time, then shower time, and college application time. Then it was our second PTA event of the week time. (For those keeping track, 2 PTA events in 2 days is really 1 too many) 

To coincide with book fair, we had the kids wear their jammies, ate cookies and milk, and had guest readers come read some stories. And we also collected donations to send to the troops and had kids write notes to them, very sweet. The girls ran around and played while we set up. 
I never understood the whole "baby" of the family thing till this precious girl came along. I've so enjoyed having her as my shadow this year! It's been such a fun treat to focus time on just one, and she is so easy!
Frankie is doing well in kindergarten. She is slow to get moving on assignments, (shocker) but once she gets into it, she's good and gets done (shocker as well, but for real). 
We divided and conquered so that Chris took Addie to piano and then brought her to school, then Matt stopped home to get a diaper and wipes for the 3.75 year old who is still not potty trained and had messed her diaper. Bless. 
They each picked a book from the book fair and laid around reading before the readers started.
We had the superintendent of smcps, Mary Washington from the boe, Jamie Jameson, our ap, a fighter pilot in full pilot gear, and my fav, sherif Tim Cameron. Quite the impressive line up, and they all did such a good job!
It was a nice event. PTA is coming along, slowly but surely. I'm so thankful I have the time and means to participate. There have been times that I have questioned my involvement, because really, who has the time? But then I went to an awesome stake rs meeting with our mission presidents wife, sister cooke, who is fabulous, and in her bio she listed all of her activities, one of which was PTA. She said she was involved with all those things because, something to the effect of, she wanted to be involved with anything and everything for the betterment of her kids, but she said it way better than that. And I was like, yes boo, yes, me too. 

Anyways, that was our Tuesday. 

No comments: