Monday, October 5, 2015

Conference Sunday

Firstly, I have been so rushed and crabby and not so fun lately. I feel like I am swimming upstream, and not doing it well, I might add. And then also wondering why, because I only have the one at home all day and we've been working out such nice kid swaps.

So I looked at my calendar and started calculating. From August 5-September 29, when I got back from Utah (again) was 56 days. I was gone for 24 of them. That's almost half, for those less math inclined. That is a lot for this momma of 5. I've been to North Carolina, Arizona, Mexico, Virginia, road trip through 11 states, and then Utah. #blessed. But also #tired. So maybe I should probably slow my roll and cut myself some slack, right? And also probably cut my family some of the same slack because, again, I have been gone almost half of the last month and a half. 

Anyhow. Today we had the ever elusive pajama day. Seriously, I find it hard to believe we never spent one day hanging out in jams all day out of the whole summer, but it's been on our bucket list all summer and never got done. Maybe it's just that we didn't spend a day relaxing? I don't know. But today was pretty sweet. Started off with Addie coercing Chris into helping her make a keychain craft that I've been "too busy" for (hate that, but refer back to the 24 days thing).
Seriously loving the bed head they're both rocking! And she now has a cute kitty to add to the mass on her backpack.
Then it was Frankies turn for a cute butterfly.
We conferenced it up and will be doing some ponderizing asap. There were so many good talks. Loved the ponderizing, loved elder bednars, and Pres monsons. And I didn't take notes, so I can't remember who else's.
The girls were a little much. 8 hours is a lot of time for 3 littles to sit and quietly listen and they were a little wound up today. Nothing terrible, just a little excitable and i had no daddy to be my backup. We survived. 

I made cinnamon rolls and bread that we enjoyed during the afternoon session since I had gloriously slept in till 9:30. I also threw dinner in the crockpot and tossed a fresh salad, and then had dishes for days tonight, but it was all worth it. The elders came for a visit, and now I'm up way too late, and a sleepy start to a fresh week is never a good thing. Nights. 

No comments: