Monday, October 6, 2014

pta day

tonight was a pta meeting, which means of course I had to get all my stuff together all day. I literally have done nothing with it for weeks. except write a few checks and make a few deposits. anyhizzle, I made French toast and after we focused all of our attention on getting addie ready and out the door, I was able to sit down and eat with this one. normal smile is not in her vocabulary right now.
I pta'd, deposited some checks, bought another cc reader, and grabbed the girlies some fries on our way home. then franks went to school, lanes took a nap, and I pta'd some more. i'm $.16 off. or something. I don't even know anymore. I checked and double checked and rechecked and... I got nothing. my philosophy is probably not (certainly not) a good one, but i'm trying my best and if someone doesn't like it then they can fire me and take over. i'll donate the dang $.16 cents. or hopefully i'll find it. but not today.
after school we waited for addie to get picked up for gymnastics. it was a super gorgeous day, so we left the door open. addie looked so cute framed in the door, so I laid down and took some pictures. cause that's what we do.
these are the exact faces alexis used to make and I just love seeing them on my next little june 3rd girl.
I love this big girl.
she had an exciting evening too because on their way to gymnastics poor darlaina got rear ended and addie was "in my first car accident! but those white bags (airbags) didn't pop out and we were safe."
our lives are so exciting! every day something new!
franks saw the picture action and...
got in on it.
love this silly girl who is sooooo much like her daddy and sooooo not like her mommy.
she teaches me soooo much and I love her sooooo much.
 
I made baked potatos for dinner and went to my pta meeting. it was great! I really like the people I am working with and forming friendships with. Hadley and I even have a date for grant finding after the fall carnival. and maybe the holidays. and when we have free time ;) pta has been a lot of work, but I think the challenge has been good for me and i'm really enjoying getting to know the parents and teachers so much better. I love being in the school, so it's all good.
 
after the girls went to bed I finally went through their backpacks and found that our little froggie was top frog of the week! not sure what that means, but I think it's good! I was also chosen to be her room mom, yay! I get to conference with addie's teacher tomorrow, elementary school is so exciting!
 
my blog goes through spurts where I take more pictures of one child than another. chris is usually pretty low on the pic-meter because he has perfected the teen photo dodge. but dangit! it's spirit week and I could have taken a pic this morning! today was season day, so he went as a lifeguard for summer. I won't let that opportunity pass me by tomorrow. even though he's not featured here often, i'm so grateful for that one baby boy'o'mine. he's becoming so independent and grown up. and also cheap. he's realizing how much gas cost and does not love it. he doesn't have a job though, so I totally get it and i'm glad he's being responsible. he's a good boy!

No comments: