Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Slime

We got home late Sunday night. Talked to the big kids for a few (FYI - everything was "fine" while we were gone) and headed to bed. Monday brought unpacking, laundry, and cleaning. Matt took the day off, which was pretty fabulous. We worked and played with kids most of the day. He also took them to the pool for a good while. #sonice

Yesterday Matt went back to work and I worked at home. I had a lady dr appointment which is always fun. Chris and I went to see Edge of Tomorrow last night late. It was interesting. We ate lots of popcorn and had a good time. 

Today I've developed a serious case of the summer lazies. We did have two separate sets of friends over, which I guess is not so lazy. Anyway, after rests (which mommy took advantage of too) I wrote out a little summer bucket list and schedule of things I'd like to do. The library offers a ton to do during the summer! Just gotta have a plan, otherwise I tend to drift. 

This evening in between pizza and bath time, Delaney came up with a head full of slime. Someone (no one knows who, because it wasn't any of the children who were downstairs) got out the play dough/slime bin and then someone put a big glob of slime into delaney's hair. She is seriously so goofy and funny to me. 
This youngest lady has provided me with many mothering firsts. Like first time getting slime out of hair tonight. 
A big, delicious glob of mayo did the trick. That's one way to cut down mayo consumption. Blech. 
She kept saying "get away from me!" Well, my love, don't put slime in your hair and I will happily leave you unbathed another day. It is summer, after all. (;
I worked on it for about 30 minutes, but I got it all. Crazy girl. 
Alexis is enjoying nannying. She says she and the three kids are bff's. I think this is perfect for her and I am so glad she has this opportunity! Chris has been life guarding, and when he's not working at the pool, he's working on his eagle project. Almost there! Addie turned a corner tonight and decided she loves reading. She read all our Berenstain Bears learn to read books and wanted to read more, but it was bedtime. I pray she loves to read! Frankie is also expressing a desire, so we're running with it. Give D some slime, read with the bigger girls, it's all good!
 
The super kid calm from a week of relaxing at the beach is wearing off. By Sunday I'll be ready for another week away. (; I'll settle for a date night and call it good. 

No comments: