Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Field day

I got to go to Addie's field day before school got out. I love going to her school and seeing her interact with her friends. I think parental involvement in school is so important! I am so grateful to be in a place in my life that I can be the room mom and PTA treasurer. I know not every parent can, and I am so grateful. 

It reminds me of going into Alexis' class every Tuesday before work, in my Cheddar's uniform, and testing the little kiddies in Mr. Reid's classroom on their AR reading. (: I'm glad I knew it was important back then too. 

Anyhow, back to field day! Each grade wore a different color. Kinders were yellow. I am in love with this goofy kindergartner!
She chose this hat, even as I tried to talk her into a more stylish baseball cap, she insisted. It's pretty adorbs. (:
I worked the chicken race game. We had nonstop kids in order from k-5th grade, and then we were done! So I hung out with the Kinders for awhile and got to see them play the shoe game. 

Everyone puts one shoe into a big pile and each child takes a turn running, finding their shoe, putting it on, and running back to relay with their class. Lucky Addie was the line leader all week, so she got to go first. (:
Go Addie, go!
She's not the fastest, but she sure is cute. 
She's also very calm. I'm a little spazzy with stuff like this, but she was very slow and methodical. 
It was a hot, muggy day, but thankfully the storm held off until after the festivities were through. 
*fav pic of the day!
It was a really good kindergarten year!

No comments: