Sunday, March 30, 2014

Snow, March 30th style

After church I was walking upstairs from the basement and saw snow out the sliding glass door! Snow! Snow! Thankfully it didn't stick and it's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow. Hallelujah. But, snow!

Landon gave Frankie this cute Sophia purse to color. She loves it! She colored it a little bit all day and just had to take it to church. 
I just love scenes like this, when people spend time just being together in close proximity and with no tv. It was a sweet and peaceful morning. 
Sunday after church drive home. Every. Week. 
Snow!
And now for the daily rewind. Several weeks ago, Addie went to a birthday party at the gymnastics center and sibs weren't invited. What's a mom of many to do? We hit up chicfila for milkshakes. 
I checked on the girls one night and found Frankie like this. Kids are such funny sleepers. 
We went and played at the Myers house one semi warm day and ended up having lunch with them on their awesome deck. We will take any slightly warm day and run with it!
We had fhe and Sunday dinner with the mc's one week and I tried my hand at a few Pinterest recipes. One was for Samoa brownies. Only, I didn't have any caramel, and it was almost time for church. So I googled a quick caramel recipe, but I must have cooked it too long because after cooling for a few minutes it turned into hard candy. Like, a pot sized piece of hard candy. Against my better judgement, I decided (upon returning him from church) to try to melt the hard candy and use it as caramel. Guess what? It didn't work. We ended up with hard candy coconut and chocolate atop nice soft brownies. The next day I peeled the hard top off and made my model Frankie pose like she was eating it. It looks delicious though, right?! Adventures in cooking with Michelle. 
This pretty girl is sooo destractable. She's totally my "squirrel!" girl. 
Drive home from church. So. Tired. 
Church was nice. I got to visit for awhile with Kelly. She is such a dear, sweet example to me. I am so thankful for good friends. 

Then we talked about family history during the third hour and everyone shared fun stories. I have loved family history since I was a teen (old soul;) and so I really enjoyed it. I was able to share an experience of doing the temple work for my great grandmother Aimee donmeyer. I brought one of dad's scrapbooks to share. during sacrament meeting Addie enjoyed looking through it. Laura had come over one day and looked through them and kept telling me how lucky I am to have such detailed records and pictures. I cherish those scrapbooks and mementos I have.

After church was hard. Boyfriend drama is hard. Patience is hard. Knowing where to draw the line is hard. 

This too shall pass. I am so thankful for my family (past and present) and to be a mother. Even on the hard days. 

No comments: