Tuesday, January 29, 2013

a whole year! - by delaney

we celebrated my first birthday today with a gorgeous sunny 70­° day.
it was a good day!
Photo
my new persona.
punk grunge, anyone?
and sometimes i play coy.
i've been eating lots of solid's this month.
i like cheese, yogurt, bread, some crackers, apples (cut up teeny tiny), chicken, bananas (but not too many! stomach troubles!), and apple juice is okay.
but not baby food.
definitely not baby food.
my mom told you a little about this, but sometimes eating solids can make your tummy really hurt.

i love climbing! i climb on everything! i climb up the stairs at least 5 times a day.
see, i'm sneaky too.
and still very helpful. i just love unloading!
i have a few cabinets that i unload every.chance.i.get.

my mom loves it too, she always tells me how helpful i am.
does anyone need a wipe?
i've got extra!
all that loading and unloading can be exhausting.
i had a little bit of a cold this month...
gross, right?
these two have been joining me in my crib lately.
and they bring all sorts of toys that sometimes my mom forgets to take out, so that can be fun. :)
they still love me a lot.
my mom's trying to teach frankie that she can be rough with dad, and gentle with me.
it's not really working though.
i stand all the time!
and oh! i started walking!
well, i took 2 steps, 4 different times.
my first steps were when my mom was at a rs meeting on jan 10th.
ha! teach her to leave me home!
my teeth are still super fun!
my mom keeps saying they'll come together soon, but for now we're kinda jack-o-lanterny.

i'm a major cuddlebug! one day i crawled all around with my minnie mouse.
i wouldn't let it go and i crawled all weird and one handed.
sometimes a girl just wants to cuddle.
see? love climbing.
i wish i had a cool big carseat.
but alas, i'm just the poor 5th child and no ones grown out of their old seats yet.
here i am on the last night of my babyhood.
my mom got all sappy and we had a long "talk."
she's silly.
today we had a bunch of friends over to celebrate bff ellie and my birthdays.
it was all good (ok, i was a little crabby, but no one likes to be woken up!) and then they stripped us down and put us in front of everyone!
Photo
and then they started singing!
Photo
ellie hated it and i was like "whaaaat?"
Photo
i didn't know what to do!
i'm all about solidarity so i almost cried. but then i kept it together.
Photo
i still wouldn't touch that weird swirly cake though.
Photo
i don't want any cake, please don't make me!
but she just kept trying!
like, oh you cut it?
yes, now i want it.
noooo.
bubba and sissy doted on me as soon as they got home.
they posted a bunch of pictures of me on insty (instagram, duh) and twitter and got tons of likes.
i'm viral, baby.
then it was such a nice day that we went to the park.
i'm not super sure about it, but i think i like it.
so that's me at 1.
happy, busy, fun, don't like eating, or walking, or being still.
i give hugs and kisses and love pats.
i think my only have new word this month was "yes." (people pleaser)
i don't like to walk but i do cruise all around the furniture and stand all the time.
i'm still super bald.
and super sweet.

after dinner my family sang to me and gave me a cupcake.
i squeezed it and crushed it but didn't really eat it.
it was fun to squeeze though.
it was a long busy day, and after my bath i quietly cuddled with mom.
okay gtg, more cuddling to do.
and i have a 10 o'clock bedtime, sooo.
 
love,
 
one-year-old
delaney

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm not sure what grossed me out more. The snotty nose or that fact that you thought of taking a picture of said snotty nose.

Delaney... you really need to talk your mother into a little brother. You'd make such a great example to him! You'd know to be rough with daddy and gentle with him. Ya know, show Franks how it's done!

Miss you all so much!

auntie henna said...

oh laney-lou - your auntie henna loves you! i can't wait to see you in just 6 months!