Thursday, March 4, 2010

Waiting...

I hate waiting. Seriously. Hate. Waiting. 

I've had some complaints about my lack-o-blogging. As you might have noticed, my month of blogging everyday is over. And I was so glad it was over that I had to take a few days off. AND on the last day of the month I couldn't get my video off the camera so I didn't post that day either.

Anyways, here's the haps around here.

Alexis has kept us running around all week. Tuesday night was a High School Preview. Wednesday night a cheerleading exhibition. Tonight was a friends all-star basketball game. In the meantime we had an appointment with the eye doctor and picking out new glasses. Then this weekend there will be the sleepovers and cheerleading. And I volunteered to work the concessions stand. I was kinda hoping I'd be excused for maternity leave, but now I'm not feeling like that's ever gonna happen. :(

Christian got his phone taken away on Tuesday.  His grades are in the pooper and he hasn't pulled them up yet. He has "forgotten" a lot of work and continues to slack. I was really hoping it was just an adjustment faze upon entering middle school but we've kinda been battling it all year.  Baseball should be starting up soon and he's excited about that. He also started in the Young Mens program at church (now that he's 12) and he had fun with that on Wednesday. Hopefully he'll earn his phone back soon, he is a good boy. 

Addie seems to be growing by leaps and bounds the past few days! She's stringing words together and pointing things out. She leads us around the house and will tell us to "sit down" or "walk." Her favorite book was "I'll Love you Forever" which she calls "mess" because I always point out the mess the little boy makes. Now she's loving on a book called "Love is a Family" which she calls "family" for obvious reasons.  Her vocabulary is huge. She just seems like such a big girl lately! She even told me today that she had to go potty and she actually did. SO big!

Matt has his Navy weekend this weekend and is seriously talking to the baby about coming out soon so he can miss it. He's got it all planned out. He'll check in on Saturday and then I'll call him and tell him I'm ready and then he'll be excused but still get credit for being there. He's being super supportive of my mood swings and occasional grumpiness. :)

And me. No contractions yet. No nothing. I do feel a lot of pressure. It's not very comfortable to walk and I'm waddling more lately. It's strange because I've never felt like this. I never understood why women waddled. Or complained about tying their shoes or bending over. But now I get it. On pregnancy #4, I get it. I don't feel like doing much of anything. I went grocery shopping today for the last time before the baby comes. Again.  I had a little meltdown Monday night. Everyone else has had their baby! Even on "The Office" tonight! They had their baby and I want mine. I'm not good at waiting. And right now it's a waiting game. 

9 more days...

2 comments:

Sara said...

OK, I wasn't exactly complaining... It's just that you're so close, that I wonder if I haven't heard from you at all, that you've gone and had your baby! I'm just glad to know everything is well with you and your family. I so wish you were closer! We miss you so much and we'd love a trip to the east coast, but with Kathryn's surgery last summer and mine this past month, our medical bills are are outta this world!

Unknown said...

You can't be pregnant forever! I am excited to hear about baby's arrival!!!