Saturday, March 6, 2010

One day at a time

I'm taking a new lease on my life right now. I know I for one am tired of myself complaining about the waiting and the pregnancy and blah, blah, blah.

SO.

No more. I've decided to soak this period up. This season. Because soon our lives are gonna change, never ever to be the same again. And you know what, I have a good life. I believe the baby will make our life even better, but just for right now, I'm gonna enjoy my life.
Giant watermelon belly and all.

And what if this is our last baby? What if I am never pregnant again? I want to appreciate this. I want to remember this. I want to show that I am worthy of this privilege.  
To create life, wow, I am so blessed.

There are very few life experiences that are as huge and meaningful as bringing a baby into the world, and how wonderful that we are preparing to do just that! The waiting is hard because I am so excited, but instead of just wanting to be there, to be holding our baby, I'm gonna enjoy the waiting. The anticipation. The endless planning. And preparing. 
It's almost like Christmas.
Only better.

And I'm gonna take the advice of friends and enjoy this time with just our three kids. Because soon we'll never be able to go back. I'm gonna fully enjoy having our 2 big kids, and our 1 big baby. Because soon this big baby is not gonna seem like a baby anymore.

We finally took Addie over to our neighbors house to see their baby. She's the one that was due a day before we are, but had her baby 11 days ago. I thought Addie would be all over little baby Ronnie, but she wasn't. 
She was more interested in Sammy, their dog.

These are the cute pictures Jana took. I love Addie's expressions!
And I love these days of our lives.
Numb hands and all.



2 comments:

Grandpa said...

Love your attitude. Enjoy these days and just think, only seven more days and you'll have a NEW baby!! Hooah!!

Misa said...

That's such a great reminder of what is really important! =) I love the pictures with Addie! So precious! For a moment, I thought it was your baby!