Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Merry Christmas!

This was a few days after our blizzard. I didn't make it out before then to get a shot of our house cause I'm lame. :( Still cute though, right?!

Anyways, on Christmas Eve we opened our new Christmas jammies and went to look at Christmas lights in our neighborhood.

Addie wasn't quite feeling the opening of the presents. Here she is saying
"Don't make me open my pajamas! Come on!"

New jammies, cookies for Santa, and kisses.


We had a wonderful, white, quiet, rainy Christmas day! I had been missing our two big kids (who since school got out have spent about 2 hours at home, or so it seemed to me!) so I made a rule that they had to stay home all day. Except when I let Alexis go see her girlfriends presents. And also except for the hour that Matt, Addie, and I took a nap. But other than that they stayed home all day.

I don't ever sleep well in my 3rd trimester and add to that the little kid excitement I felt and I found myself waking up a lot throughout the night. Finally Matt woke up too. It was before 5:00. :) We finally came downstairs to wait. Christian came up around 5:30 and we all watched A Christmas Story. Alexis finally joined us at 7:00. They both wanted to wake Addie up immediately but I was still hoping she would wake up on her own. Finally, just before 8:00 I went and got her. She cuddled up to me as if she wanted to go back to sleep but I persevered in my mission to bring her down.

We opened our presents, watched some movies, and then played some games. Typical Christmas day activities. Much to the kids dismay we had another turkey dinner. I guess in their minds it's all about the ham on Christmas. Oh well. We missed our families. And we remembered our Savior. It was a good day. :)

Matt got a Dremel tool that he'd been drooling over for some time. I had no idea what it was, so with Christians help we got him to describe it and I made a trip to the helpful people at Lowes. Christian got him some wicked awesome shades and Alexis got him a sunglass case. And a cute gag gift that I'll spare you the details on. :) Seriously, you don't want to know. But it has to do with the bathroom. And wiping. That's all I'll say. ;)


I got my beautiful black rocking chairs for my porch. Of course it's been no warmer than 30 degrees since Christmas so I haven't actually used them, but I'm looking forward to it! A nice glass of lemonade while I watch the kids play outside... heaven! My little sister Allie got me a "Burberry" (I put it in quotation marks because it may or may not be actually Burberry, I'll never tell!) scarf that I've been wanting forever!!! Christian got me some (clip-on!) earrings that I love and Alexis got me a Bath and Body Works lotion and hair clips. So sweet!

Daddy even got a little one. It's waiting to be painted black to match the rest. Isn't it cute?!


Alexis couldn't come up with a Christmas wish list to save her life so I had to put my thinking cap on and I think I did a pretty good job. She got a nice hair straightener, boots, wall hangings for her room, and some clothes. Christian got her some cute earrings and she got some extra gifts from family and friends. She made out pretty well!


Christian wanted a paintball gun to go play with the Young Men in our ward at church. Every month they get together at one of the HUGE houses with tons of land and play paintball "old guys versus young guys" as Christian would say. So we got him a Tippin 98 Custom. Yes, I'm hard core. He also got some clothes and some sports stuff, plus some extras from far away family and friends. He was happy.

Addie had a baby fest! And she loved it! We got her a baby with a stroller, high chair, and bed. Uncle Joe and Auntie Sara sent her 2 babies and cousin Cosette sent her a baby. She was seriously in heaven! A baby in each piece of baby equipment and one in her arms, she's gonna be such a good big sissy! I am actually terrified of the day (which I know will happen!) that she'll totter up to me with the baby in her arms. Or I'll walk in and find them like that. Or walk in and find the baby on the floor and Addie looking worried. The list of scenarios could go on and on, you get the point. She also got a Little Tykes car for playing outside, although for now it's strictly an inside car, some clothes, puzzles, and trucks (yes, she's very well rounded!). She more than doubled her toy supply and has been having a blast with all her loot.

She wasn't interested in opening presents. At all. So here she is busy with all her new toys. And as a good mama you gotta test out your equipment!

We also got some fun Wii games from grandparents that we've had fun playing. We just had a really fun family day.

PS -
I'm not quite sure why I listed all of our gifts. I know that's not what the season is about. I guess to explain the pictures... I just kinda started typing and didn't stop. And my brain feels like it's having trouble working lately. It must be all this baby growing going on.

Cheers until next Christmas!

1 comment:

auntie amy said...

are you trying to tell me that your kids don't like turkey??? its like i don't even know them.
p.s. the scarf is real. :-)
p.p.s. nice jammies.