Sunday, September 20, 2009

Whew!

Things are getting busy around here! And I decided I really wouldn't have it any other way! A rundown of this last weeks events.

On Monday night for Family Home Evening we were able to go to a Baltimore Orioles game. Matt won 4 box seats from work! It was so cool! It was one of those sections that has a server that will go "fetch" you anything you'd like to eat or drink. That is living! They played (and lost to) the Tampa Bay Rays, so Christian rooted for the Rays, but the rest of us stuck to the home team. My one disappointment, no garlic fries! How are you supposed to enjoy a Major League game without garlic fries?!




On Tuesday the kids started Running Club at school. Their school doesn't have any sports teams, just some clubs for the kids to be able to join. They both grumbled and complained about it, but I made them go, and now they both love it. It helps that every other middle schooler in our neighborhood joined too. Now the ladies are setting up a nice carpool, love that! That night Matt and I went out on a date and had a wonderful time! We seriously need date night more often!

My Wednesday started off bright and early at 4:45 am. A neighbor that is also a trainer at a local gym is offering a "Boot Camp" for us ladies every Wednesday and Saturday morning. It was so hard to wake up, but I felt so good and accomplished when I was done! I figure even if I only work out every Wednesday and Saturday throughout this pregnancy it will be more than I did while I've been pregnant before! And I'm planning on incorporating more exercise. But as yet, that's still just a plan. :) Christian also started baseball Wednesday. He's on the Angels this year. He scored once and struck out once. In his defense, they didn't even have one practice before the game, kinda weird! And we had to leave after just an hour because of Scouts and Young Women at church.

Thursday was running club again. Then I was planning on going to a PTA meeting, but Matt had a "meeting" for work at Cheeseburger in Paradise and I thought that staying home with my kids was more important than supporting them at the PTA meeting. Plus my one neighbor is the president and the other the secretary, so I just got the scoop from them. :) I did have one ulterior motive for not going. I was sooo close to being done with my book for book club that night, and I knew if I stayed home I could finish it. And I did. :) So at 7:00 I walked over to another neighbors house for a church sponsored book club, Girl Meets Book. We read "I Capture the Castle." It was a cute book and the book club was fun too. And there was a chocolate fountain, so how can you go wrong?!

Friday Matt was off, so we ventured over to the Commissary sidewalk sale. That took 3 hours! I had no idea it would be that crazy! I was so overwhelmed, it took me probably half hour to figure out what I was doing, and then we waited in line for no less than 2 hours. Thank goodness Matt was with me because he was able to take the kids, Addie and my friends little boy Jeffrey, to the park and McDonalds so they didn't get too bored. So 3 hours later we were finally done and we got some great deals too. :) That night we had missionaries for dinner and they shared a nice message with us. Then as soon as they left we ran out the door to Cici's for a birthday party at 6:00. Christian was supposed to have another game at 8:00 but it got switched to 6:00 and he had already committed to the party. So that cut out one crazy bit of the night.

On Saturday Alexis had an all day babysitting class at our Community Outreach center. Christian played outside all day, and Matt watched Addie. I had the most wonderful day! I was able to go with our Primary Presidency to the Washington DC temple and then to Olive Garden for lunch. We left at 7:30 and got home at 3:30 and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it! We were able to pray and conference together and I think we got some things figured out for our Primary. Seriously, such a good day! I paid the price for a lovely morning by cleaning up my messy house all that lovely night and it's still pretty bad. But you know what, I don't even care.  It was still an amazing day.


There is a definite crisp chill in the air, not too much, just perfect! I love, love, love this time of year! I had planned to decorate for Halloween on October 1, but so many people around our neighborhood have already decorated that it's making me anxious!  Maybe I'll try to squeeze that in somewhere this week. :) 

And we're off to another exciting week!

5 comments:

Lana said...

whew is right, what a busy week!

The two old crows said...

That was a busy week. Course you are young and can still do all those things.

Joy :) said...

Oh my gosh! You do way more than I could ever do! But that's why I love reading about it on your blog.

Shelly said...

It really was a wonderful day at the temple!

Martines Family said...

What a week and how fun to win tickets for the baseball game! cool and how wonderful for the Temple! You are awesome!