Tuesday, September 8, 2009

An apology of sorts

I inadvertently let the pregnancy cat out of the bag one early August day by proclaiming my undying love for my perfect cheeseburger-cooking husband. It happened while on Facebook and it really wasn't my fault at all. 

I was intoxicated (intoxicated I tell you!) by the aroma of perfectly seasoned cheeseburger wafting up to my bedroom. And then the melty cheesey scent, ever so light and tantalizing. The toasted bun came next... and it was just what the baby ordered, and who am I to deny our lima bean sized baby?! 

I was shocked when people immediately suspected we were with lima bean! And then I felt silly because it did seem kind of obvious. But like I said before, it really wasn't my fault. At all.

Then, because I really wasn't ready to tell our little secret, and especially not in a Facebook post about cheeseburgers (pregnancy tests are so much more sophisticated!) I had to tell a little white lie and cover it up. 

And then maybe cause some other people to tell other people that I surely wasn't pregnant because I had just denied it, and even though my belly was getting a definite roundness to it, it was just all those late night cheeseburgers. 

So if I caused you to lie in my little (itty-bitty, lima bean sized really!) deception, I'm sorry. Really I am. And I'll know better in case there ever is a next time.

I'll just keep my cheeseburger-making love-professing to my bedroom. Where he'll bring me my cheeseburger, you know.

3 comments:

carlen said...

this is the most hillariously adorable announcement-confession-apology i've ever heard! CONGRATULATIONS to all of you! rest assured cami and mike did not tell any little white lies on your behalf; they spilled the {lima} beans or cheeseburger news quite excitedly!

Shelly said...

You are so cute. MMmmm, cheeseburger...

Joy :) said...

That's a cute little story all in itself. Now I'm hungry....