Sunday, May 24, 2009

The first 2 nights...

We've signed our lives away. Again. Friday afternoon was spent signing page after endless page guaranteeing a mortgage that, by the time we finish paying for will have doubled. Does that seem criminal to anyone else?

Anyways, Thursday night Lexi started coughing, sneezing, and moaning. That poor girl just can't catch a break! Getting acclimated to all these new Maryland germs and she's been sick half the time we've been here! So she stayed home from school Friday and got to come with us to our house closing appointment. She was bored out of her mind so I told her...

"Isn't being a grown-up super fun!"
"I just don't understand any of these papers." she said.
"I don't either..." I whispered back.
Sad, but for the most part true.
Good thing Lexi came with us because as we were going through document after document, Addie started to feel hot and get whiny. Sweet Lexi-lu (since most of her symptoms mysteriously went away shortly after Christian went to school) took care of her the whole time. Sometimes it's really handy to have her around. :)
So now we're here. In our beautiful empty house. Of course we closed on a Friday so we could have the whole weekend in an empty house. And of course that weekend happened to be a long weekend just so we could get one extra empty day. That's okay! Bring on the paint I say!!!
So that's just what we did. The boys went to an airshow and Lexi and I got our painting on! In between taking care of poor little sick Addie. She's got a fever that's stayed above 100 and at one point got as high as 103, but goes down with Tylenol and she is teething. She's eating, peeing, pooping, and acting pretty normal. When she got to 103 I called her dr. who said to just keep doing what I'm doing and as long as it keeps coming down with meds and she's acting normally it should be okay. I verified that info online and so far so good.
We were hoping to get our living room/kitchen area and Addie's room painted but Addie being sick slowed us way down. We did get the one big room painted and I'm trying to figure out how to do another one, but I don't know if we'll be able to cause we got our first guests! So fun to have visitors already! Seriously, I love having guests!
Matt's dad and oldest brother Ken, who I should mention just graduated from the prestigious Art Institute of Chicago (good job Ken!) came to stay for a few days. We had fun last night driving down to the waterfront (after getting lost in a neighborhood for awhile) and eating pizza.
So that's it. I'm home from church with a little sicky. We're sleeping on an air mattress covered with beach towels. Eating off paper plates. Living out of a suitcase. But at least all of this is happening in our house! And not a hotel! Hooray!
Okay, enough excitement. I gotta go, mid morning Sunday nap is calling my name...
Edited to add: I don't know why the bottom portion of this is all jumbled together! Twice I've separated it all into neat little paragraphs and it just keeps going back to mess. Ugh!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Holy cow! I simply have to figure out a way to stay more on top of blogs already. I hadn't read your blog in probably several months, and now look -- you've driven across the country and moved again! Wow!!! I really hope your older kids appreciate all the things they are able to see. Lee and I talk a lot about trying to vacation in each state, but we don't want to do it until the kids are old enough to really learn, understand and appreciate the things we'd see. Anyway, good luck with all the changes!!! :)

Holly said...

Beautiful house Michelle!!!

Joy :) said...

Thank goodness you're in your home. Nothin like it. Hope everyone is feeling well soon.