Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Sweetest Place on Earth!

Because our apartment reservations here were cancelled we decided to head up to Hershey, Pennsylvania last weekend. We had such a good time! They have an amusement park called Hershey Park and with the next days admission they allow you to spend the last 2 1/2 hours at the park the day before. So Friday night we were able to drive straight there and figure out where everything was, and ride without lines! Such a good idea!

I really liked the park because they had a little something for everyone. 11 roller coaster, some super high and crazy, some just right, lots of kiddy rides, and shows. It really was worth the price.

Saturday morning Hershey Park opened at 10:00 but Chocolate World opened at 9:00 so we were able to go do the chocolate tour and look around the gift shops before the park opened. 

Some pics...


It was really cute the way they showed the height requirements, like Jolly Rancher Hard Candy is the tallest, and then Hershey Miniatures are the smallest, isn't that cute?! So here I am with Addie, our little Hershey Miniature.





The free and super cute chocolate tour. Takes you through the life of a cocoa bean till it becomes a delicious Hershey bar.

Production...

Yum!!!


Just because who can pass up an opportunity to take a pic with a giant bottle of Hershey Syrup?

The street lights in Hershey, half the Kisses are wrapped and half unwrapped. 
SO CUTE!!!

Like I said, who could pass this up?!
Not us!!!


Addie looks so excited!


I'm the big spot of pink and Christian's the little brown splash next to me. 
One of my faves!

Blessed sleep!

The kids wanted to split up for awhile so we rode some of the boring rides. 
On the ferris wheel and Addie had just woken up.
Included in the cost of admission to Hershey Park you can walk across a sky bridge to the zoo so Matt and I took Addie to see the animals while the big kids rode the roller coasters.



Up the Kissing Tower so we had to kiss!

And because I absolutely could not go to Pennsylvania without a little Jon and Kate spotting, Matt humored me by driving up to Wernersville to drive past their new mansion. I would have rather driven past the other house but I didn't have the address. :( 

Now, I know they have been in the news a lot lately, but that's not why I went. I've been watching them since their 1 hour specials and really enjoyed their show. Not sure how I feel about it anymore, but I really used to like it!

So we drove past the first time and I wasn't sure it was the house till we passed it and I saw the roof jewelry. So I made Matt turn around. 

The next time we drove around they were outside!!! Filming!!! The were all dressed up so when I got home I googled them and found out that it was the sextuplets birthday party that day. So if you watch the show and see their party, just know that we were there that day. :)

Oh, and I didn't get any pics of them because I was messing with my dumb camera and Matt wouldn't slow down enough. :( That's okay, it was still pretty cool.

I thought they'd be super tucked far back but the weren't! I was surprised how close to the street their house was! And how out in the middle of nowhere! Not even around nice houses.


Super fun weekend! Two big thumbs up from me! 

2 comments:

~Lori said...

Looks so fun!! You guys are going to have so much fun exploring the east coast!!

Holly said...

Yes, fun times. I can't believe how much Christian has changed! They are growing up so fast!