I love the Maryland Ice Cream Trail! I did it in 2017 also, but never got to the eastern shore ones. So about 5 minutes from the Strathmore is a non creamery ice cream trail location called Mimi’s.
This was my least favorite, but Adi’s top favorite, so there you go. Matt and I got a 4 scoop flight, so we got to taste test.Next up was an item from Matt’s bucket list - an adventure park session. We still had 2 gift sessions from a Santa gift a few years ago, so we only paid for 2. 🎉
I supervised and read my book that I’ve been reading forever.
We love the adventure park.
The only problem was that it was *so* hot.
I sat in the shade with snacks and everyone’s water bottles that I kept filled and Matt came to me after he’d done the black course and looked like he’d been hit by a truck. 🤣 He said after he got water and chatted with me for a bit, he went to climb the double black diamond and the worker was like “uhhh, when was the last time you had water?” 🤣
Break time!
I’ve don’t the ropes course pictures and they’re never very good, so I mostly relaxed.
I grabbed a few pictures from my seat though.
Matt bailed on the double black course about halfway through, which I was grateful for because it gave us just enough time to get to the last ice cream trail spot still open.
I drove like a bat out of hell to Deliteful Dairy. We got there at 7:30 and they were very much prepping for their 8:00 closing.
This was my favorite ice cream of the weekend though, so I’m glad we made it. I got a lemon cookie flavor with marshmallow topping on a waffle cone and it was so good!
And we were able to enjoy the most beautiful sunset on their cute little farm.
So we left at 9, spent an hour at the C&O Canal Park, an hour at the Strathmore, 30 minutes getting ice cream x2, and 4 hours at the adventure park. Such a good day!
I had loosely planned because I didn’t know how long we’d want to stay anywhere, but, other than the extra hour at the adventure park and the creameries closing so early, we were right on schedule with my plans.
Matt and I spent a few minutes finding a hotel, which proved more difficult than I’d initially thought it would be because, even though I put 5 people into my original searches when I was planning, not all of those hotels had suites for 5. We ended up at not the nicest Sleep Inn and it really earned that low 3 star rating. Even the brekkie was sub par. 🤢 And the pool and hot tub were emptied for repairing. Whomp whomp.
We channeled our inner papa and grabbed dinner at Waffle House then showers for everyone and a decently early bedtime. At least an early summer bedtime. 🤗















No comments:
Post a Comment