Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Babies and stuff

Katie texted on Tuesday and asked if her crew could come sleep at our house for the weekend. We loooove baby visitors so the answer was absolutely yes. They came Friday evening and we got to meet this little cutie. He’s soooo sweet!

We also got to meet Drake for the first time, which is crazy but pesky jobs get in the way of everything. Laura came too but she was only here Friday night-Saturday morning and we didn’t think to grab a pic. 👎🏼 

We had brekkie together Saturday morning then they headed off to DC and we headed down to St. Mary’s City for Day to Serve. We cleared out their bamboo forrest and it was fun to work together and be outside. 

Alli was flying in that day and I had been thinking about ways to help her and thought taking tenkor home would be a big help. She had an emotionally exhausting week, so Matt and I made a date of it and drove T up to Baltimore. I’m working on getting our piano tuned by my secretary’s husband and he was texting asking what kind of piano we have and if it was upright or vertical, which seem like the same thing? Anyway, I asked the girls to send a pic and this is what I got. 😭 Don’t mind the mess. 🤷‍♀️
This is a crazy dog. And naughty. And anxious. She walks all around the car and as we got closer to Alli’s she started whimpering. She knows home. 

We took her for a long walk all around Alli’s neighborhood and made sure she was all fed and safely deposited and we went for a dinner date to Bonefish. We had never been and it was just kind of ok. We had a nice day together. 

I had WP ward conference Sunday morning, but grabbed a few pics before I left. 

Love this crew and love when they come to visit! Braxton was saying “cheese, cheese, cheese!” 

Sunday was fabulous- wonderful talks and visits. I got home earlier than anticipated and made brownies because the girls got a visit from Sarah and their yw stake leader. I left the brownies there for them and Matt and I let them chat. After we had dinner and sent Matt and adi off to a fireside and the younger girls and I had a nice evening till my 7:00 training. We’ve got 5 wards done with 3 to go. These are such good hours spent together, so it doesn’t feel like a lot. Also, the girls have been doing makeup lately. 

Specifically eyebrows. 

Another day, another opportunity to look like the matchmaker from Mulan. We’re acquiring team gear for our cruise and that’s taking lots of family coordinating. Our family is on 4 different teams, which means I am coordinating 4 different sets of team gear and games, so help me. 

Monday morning we had a presidency meeting then I went out for ministering visits. It’s a lovely way to spend the day. And for our home evening treat we enjoyed our Yum Box from the Baltic region. 



No comments: