Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Weekend happenings

We finished our puzzle! Except some of the pieces don’t exactly fit, so we went wrong somewhere, but we’re not the type of puzzlers to worry about little things like that. 

The boys sent valentine friendship bracelets, so we had to sport them!

We finalized our Women’s Conference flyer and our presenters and food makers have all accepted their assignments. Yesterday we had a meeting with the stake youth leads and they gave us some good ideas and ways to hopefully make it more inviting to the young women. Now down to the nitty gritty, how to set up, making sure every detail is planned for, and all that. This will be my third in person, and I definitely feel like I know a little more what to expect. 

Madison came over on Saturday and we all went to Curtis’ basketball game at LMS. His team happened to be playing Quinton and Max’ team, so it was fun to watch with everyone and cheer on our boys. Matt and I loved it because we were cheering and happy for both teams when they did well. 

Curtis is kind of the star of his team, so that was fun too. 

The Darrow kids came home with us so their parents could go to a training/fireside up at the temple. I cooked a bunch of pasta and then we had root beer floats and they played and watched a movie and put makeup on Lily. 

This is one of my favorite scenes - family scripture study. It just feels like all are safely gathered in and my mama heart soars. 

I went to the White Plains ward on Sunday. We had a meeting after and then I went up to the stake center to have a meeting with their rsp. It was a good and productive day and I got done sooner than I thought I would. I did have to pull over for our missionary meeting and do that one in my car, but I’ll take it. I got home in time to take adi and friends to Alecia’s so she could drive them to their camp meeting because she’s a youth camp leader. We joke a lot about all of our meetings, and there are a lot, but I think we should be careful to express the joy we have in being able to serve together. We’re all just trying to figure things out, thats why we have so many meetings. And we need each other, so what a blessing to be able to meet together often. 

Monday was pretty low key. I had been asking and asking my crew what they wanted to do and no one had any ideas. It’s been cold cold cold too. Late in the game Matt discovered the countries oldest Carmelite monastery in Port Tobacco and thought it would be cool to check out. So off we went! It snowed the whole way there, just light flurries but so pretty to see. Unfortunately we didn’t see any nuns or hear any singing. But we looked around their shop, which they run using the honor system, and read through some of their prayers and learned about rosary beads. They’re doing a lot of landscaping, so we checked out one of their old historic buildings and then headed on our way. We let the girls choose between Texas Roadhouse and Chick-fil-A and those sillies chose Chick-fil-A. No spend January is going fabulously, bytheway. In our defense, the spending has gone down drastically and you have to get lunch on family adventure days. 

It snowed all evening and we all cheered when we got the text that we’d have a 2-hour-delay for school today. 

We did family night early and watched Napoleon Dynamite- classic! and Delaney made a fun iMovie. 

And this morning we’ve all enjoyed our extra 2 hours of sleep. 🤗

No comments: