Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Mega couch

We got a fun surprise yesterday when the girls got out of school 2 hours early for a storm coming through. There were high winds and tons of rain and I guess worries of coastal flooding? I always say better safe than sorry and we were happy to have an extra 2 hours and then no ballet. I made a giant batch of muddy buddies and after some homework we made mega couch push the couches and ottoman together, kind of like a bed) and watched The Adam Project, which was cute and also made me cry when he got to go back and see his dad that had passed away. 😢 I am cleaning out pantries and made the dehydrated burritos I put together with Colleen last year and they were fairly fine. It was just an all around lovely lovely day. 

We were hoping for at least a 2-hour-delay this morning since Calvert cancelled school altogether, but no such luck. I had my popcorn bar staff appreciation event today and compared to the Christmas lunch it was so easy! I didn’t get a background made so I just hung my extra tablecloth. I would never do this event on my own, I love popcorn,  probably more than the next gal, but this seems kind of weird to me. But I’m just going easy on myself and following Ashlee’s lead, just easy peasy, no need to be a hero. 😉 

I set up from 8:30-10 then went back at 1:30 and after Delaney put herself together a nice box of popcorn and cup of candy, we headed out just after 2. And another event down. ✔️ 

The girls home worked and I exercised and practiced piano. After years of piano being on my resolutions list, I finally decided to get serious. Alecia does not want to be one of only 2 pianists in the ward and graciously offered to teach me years ago, but I thought I could do it on my own. I’m admitting defeat and Alecia is a wonderfully generous friend giving of her time and talents to help me. I’ve gone through the 3 primer books and just finished the 3 level 1 books today. I’ll keep playing through the level 2 books and we’ll just see where I’m at. She told me a friend of ours found herself in level 3 when she started, so my competitive self says I’ve got to at least get to level 3, but my resolute self says it doesn’t matter and I just want to learn. Next stop, primary pianist. 😭 In a few years because I love my calling. 

Tonight was the youth and parent meeting. The youth planned it and didn’t really plan for parents, so we got to visit and that worked nicely. Delaney has been banned from taking books into church, or reading on the grounds because she needs to be more social, and tonight after she headed to bed I found one of the goals she’d written down. 

So proud of her being so self aware. 🤣

Listen, I take pictures of puzzles. It’s who I am and I’m not sorry. 

Taaaa daaaa! Missing one piece - dang it! I like this one because of all the fun pictures, and also Texas, yo!

And finally, love from Revelation. ❤️



No comments: