Saturday, March 12, 2022

Weekly roundup

On Monday Johnna wasn’t feeling well, so we didn’t have piano. Alli came that evening and papa bought pizza for dinner. 

On Tuesday Alli and papa set out on their long planned trip to Ireland. With everything that happened, they talked about cancelling, but what better time to go on an adventure than right now. I wish I was going to!

D stayed home from school that day. She’d been complaining of a sore throat, and I was pretty sure it qas just the changing weather and allergies, but after a few days I decided to take her to the dr to check. 

My neighbor Heather dropped these beautiful daffodils to be off with a sweet card. Her dad died of Covid last year and I dropped off some flowers. She wrote about a familiar grief in her card, and now that’s something we’ll share. 

Chelsea put together our stake RS history and shared one of the pictures she’d submitted. This was from back in the summer when we met with the newly formed Spanish branch RS presidency. They are the sweetest ladies!

On Wednesday these beauties showed up. I have sweet friends that brightened my life with flowers even before my mom passed. 

That night Adi and I went on a date to Oga’s and then to her rising freshman open house. I sent this to Alexis and Christian and they couldn’t even believe it. It’s so wild to be here with Adi!

We listened to the principals speak and then we got to go learn about some of the programs they offer. First we went to the Global International Studies and then the Fine Arts program. They both look amazing, on top of the tech center, which is also awesome.  

We’re watching Tenkor again. She’s a lot of work!

On friday Adi forgot her laptop, so I picked up donuts on my way home after I dropped it off. Delaney telling me stories. 

One of the girls had this picture in their room, and I have no idea where it came from. I’m not sure if it’s from before or after we got married, or where we were. Just a bunch of babies. 

Debby sent me this and it reminded me of a quote from WandaVision I had written down. Before Vision died, or left, or whatever happened to him, he said “What is grief if not love persevering.” It helps with perspective  
Delaney goes to Girls Who Code each week, and they got these cute shirts. 

Make all the waves, precious girl. 

I pulled a few flowers from my larger bouquet to put in our room. It’s so happy and bright, I love it. I’ve been organizing and cleaning and I made a million appointments. 

I let the girls each make a flower arrangement for their rooms too. 

It was fun to see what they each chose. 

During the photo scavenger hunt Adi won a gift card to a wine bar called Antoinette’s Garden. They also have a tiny menu, and Adi suggested we use this free Saturday to go there for lunch. I really didn’t want to get dressed and go out because a) grief, and b) snow flurries. But I did and it was such a fun afternoon. 

The girls ordered a bread board and breakfast board to share. 

D got a delicious plate of waffles. 

And Matt and I shared a lunch charcuterie bird. 

Everything was delicious and it was fun to sit in their cozy restaurant and watch the snow falling outside. 

Then we went to a thrift store to look for costumes for decades week for Frankie, then the library. It’s cold cold and a nice dusting of snow on the ground. 

No comments: