Sunday, April 25, 2021

Last dinner

First of all, how cute is this sweet baby?! He’s lost his newborn look complete with goofy smiles, and now is all happy smiley infant. 

Friday was Sarah’s Bonfire Baby shower that Chelsea and I threw for her. We had a really great turnout even though it was crazy cold. Aaand like we do, we stayed till 3.30 talking. As always, it was #worthit.

On Saturday we all loaded up and went out to Ridge to help Christian clean their house and take some of his things to store while he’s away. When we were done we admired the calves across the street, there were 2 cute babies and 1 temperamental daddy that charged at papa. 

We got to meet Kyla’s German husband and he gave the girls some authentic German gummies. I made Chris and Kyla recreate their moving day picture from last year. They are cute friends and both off to their next adventures. 

Papa took lots of pictures. 

After the cleaning we stopped for Fair food on our way home. We gave the girls a dollar amount and let them budget and choose what they’d like. 

Addie planned her meal out and shared fries with Delaney so she had enough for Mrs. Moo’s. Then they didn’t have her first choice so she ended up with an extra free scoop of her second choice. That’s not a bad deal. 

I heart fair food. 

Saturday is a special day, and I stayed up too late getting ready for Sunday. I had stake council this morning from 7-9, and then met the crew at church. The whole ward is cleared to go to church together  now, so that’s awesome. After Zoom Sunday School, Matt blessed the sacrament for just me since I’d missed it. That was a first for me and it was actually really sweet and sacred to be the only soul partaking. I got a long nap after that because I had a headache and was so tired and grumpy. Thankfully I woke up feeling better. 

Bubba and Jeanne came over for his last night in Maryland. We made white chicken chili and Texas sheet cake. And then we finally took our porch pictures. Listen, I know I’m like, a year behind the trend, but I’ve really wanted to do it and with Christian leaving, we made it happen. I gathered all the supplies for the 2020 starter pack. 

We had a nice night of eating,  game playing, and watching funny home moves. We’re going to miss this boy so much!



No comments: