Monday, February 24, 2020

Best month

We just got through with the best month of having Lexi and Emmy visit. It was so nice to spend time with them! I pretty much took the month off of all but essentials and even though it was kinda stressful, I’m glad I did. Life with Lu as a teenager was hard, but that was many years ago, and this long trip was healing and special. And Emmett. Uuuuggghhh. I miss him so much already. He gives the best hugs and kisses and he’s such a happy boy that loves to eat, so he’s basically my spirit animal. Hoping to see them again in April for Josh’s wedding. I hope Em doesn’t hate me next time I see him!

He’d get so exited and bite cheeks or chins and pinch whatever neck or skin was nearby, or pull hair if that’s what was available. He’s a fierce loving little man!

We’re all very smitten. 

Frankie’s still the best little babysitter. She loved to take Em into a different room and read to and play with him. He was her own private baby doll and she loved every second of the last month. 

One night momma went out and Emmy got all the love. 

We didn’t have a high chair, so Em got to sit on the table and enjoy all the food he could eat. 

I. Love. This. Baby. 

Babes are always fun to dress up. 

He loved his uncle Bubba sooo much!

Some precarious cheese eating with Aunt Fran. 

Can you see how important eating is to both he and I? I never had a baby that loved to eat as much as this guy! He’s so fun to feed!
Lexi said he flew well and they got their own row of seats, so that was awesome. 

And they hung out at the USO and walked and walked during their long layover in Denver. 

But now they have landed in Montana and are slowly making their way home through the snow, and these guys were so happy to see each other. 💕

We’re so grateful that Cade was happy to let them visit for a month and that everything worked out. Grown up kids are so much fun and I’m so grateful we didn’t give up when it was so hard back in the day. It gets better!

No comments: