Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Actually sick

So it’s happened and I’ve accepted it, I’ve got the first cold of the school year. My sinus pressure is straight trippin and I am remembering that time Autumn told me I blow my nose more than any person she’s ever met, because that’s happening currently. Of course I had 3 appointments this morning and at that point I wasn’t accepting that I was fully sick yet. So that’s great. 

It’s Ministering Interview season and they are going really well. I’m so grateful for this time I’ve been able to serve as Relief Society President. The service has changed my life in amazing ways. Coming up on 3 years in November and it’s  been sooo hard but also sooo good. Just like so many of the best things in life, terrible and wonderful all rolled up into one. 

Nary a picture to be had today because I went to bed when I got home and didn’t do much else after that. 

But looking  back through pictures, cause that’s the way you blog when you’re 18+ months behind. 

We celebrated Maggie’s 15th birthday on Saturday. It had been so long since we’d been to Mc’s! One of the kids took this picture and then we laughed and laughed because, hello giantess! 🙄

D gave me her unicorn headband to wear and i pretty much rocked it. 

One of my favorite things is when kids picked out a gift and are super excited for it to be opened. Maggie is a good gift receiver, so our little gift givers were even more stoked. 

Working backwards on Saturday - little miss made her very first piano allowance purchase ever - the unicorn headband. She was so excited to start piano lessons, then day of scared, and now back to loving it. She practices all the time and is sooo cute! I wonder how long it will last!

And finally, when we came back from Tennessee, Laura, maggie, and Sarah had decorated the house with pictures everywhere. I thought we had collected them all, but found these under the sink and it made me smile. I’m a lucky girl with amazing friends!

And now I’ve got my Vick’s rubbed in, NyQuil and oj ingested, and essential oils applied. It’s 9:00, so time for lights out. I am 40 and sick after all. 

1 comment:

Debby said...

Hope you feel better soon!