i woke up tuesday with a sore throat, and by the time i got home after my presidency meeting i had chills, neck, back, and headache, and my throat was killing. i crawled into bed and gave frankie, who was sent home not feeling well on monday, due to what we thought was her 6-year-molars, my phone. (awful sentence, I'm rusty) i always love finding pictures kids take. :)
now i've had two doses of antibiotics and i'm feeling so much better. still not great, but i can actually function now, and i've been awake for like, 4 hours, so that's pretty good. and on monday it was cold so we made our first mitchell/aina hot cocoa of the season. yuuuumy.
in other news:
- matt has been amazingly holding down the fort. he took today off and i am so thankful that i was able to rest and let my body do it's thing and heal. he even made homemade chicken noodle soup tonight and it was delish.
- lexi made her first visit to the honor code office. it looks like two of her roommates might be kicked out, another one went and implicated several of the roomies, and tensions are high. makes me sad.
- chris got registered for classes and put an application in to some apartments. t-minus-2 and a half months and it's getting real.
- addie is getting an award at school on monday. she's got all a's and still enjoys school. she's a friend to all, but still hasn't replaced gracie with a new best friend. and maybe that's ok.
- franks will hopefully be on the up and up. she's missed 3 days of school this week, and have i mentioned how bad i feel that we didn't realize it was strep till today?
- delaney is a sweet little sassafras. i have had to bite my tongue at everyones appearance as i've been sick. today frankie lent laney her favorite leggings, ones that she doesn't get to wear very often because they go with literally nothing. i don't even think lanes got her hair brushed. oh well. she came home very incredulous because logan's dad told him, and logan told her, that the sun was bigger than the world, and she did not believe the sun was bigger than the world (earth). even when we talked about it, she still was not quite willing to say she accepted the truth.
being sick makes me sentimental, and i spent a good deal of time reading old blogs today. it also makes me want to take better care of myself. i am so grateful to be feeling better.