Thursday, April 28, 2016

Today. And other days.

I don't know where to start. So. Behind. I know I should let all the past stuff go, but I take lots of pics and want to document and remember these days. I can do better.

Today was super productive. I helped a friend move this morning and came home this afternoon and painted the laundry room that will be put back together TOMORROW. Tomorrow, y'all! It's been on the rocks for almost 3 months! My hampers are bursting at the seams, we are all so excited to do laundry at our house again!

And child labor is alive and well. 
This was actually my very good mom moment of the day. I totally didn't want to have to worry about a messy 4-year-old tracking paint all over (or her messy 7-year-old sister after her), but I am trying hard not to say no to unimportant things. So there you have it. And it was fine, no extra mess, so yay.
All that painting done wore her out and she climbed into bed and went to sleep. She had told A and F to leave her room and turn the music off because she was going to sleep, but she sometimes does that just to be a bossy pants. This time she actually slept, so I can dig it. 
We went to (ridiculously overpriced) 5 Guys for dinner as a fundraiser for C's National Skills competition - but more on that to come. We thought it was cool that our fry potatoes came from little old Rexburg, Idaho.
This one swallowed her tooth last night. At least that's what we think happened. We ate a cookie before bed, she went upstairs, and 2 minutes later she realized she was missing a tooth. Now she has 3 holes in her kisser. The missing tooth earned her 3 sparkly dollars, and a poem from the tooth fairy (daddy edition). She took the poem to school and Mrs. Henry said she'd never heard of anything like that. Because we are awesome.
Frank's made this super cute Earth Day art piece. I totally looked at it and thought 'recycling this' until Frank's pointed out her cute little self there holding up the earth. Adorbs! She says she can help the earth by making signs to say help the earth. She's original. (:
And the boy for good measure. This 18 year old not only became a Notary Public for St. Marys county, he also worked as an election judge on Super Tuesday. My neighbor wrote the nicest note about him on fb, I'll post tomorrow because I'm posting every day for awhile.
#dontcallitacatchup

No comments: