Thursday, March 24, 2011

a whole year - by frankie

well, well, well. i am officially a one year old. and today has been a very nice day indeed. more about that later, but for now i present...my eleventh month.

i say "cheese!" (when i get my picture taken), "owww" (when i get my nails trimmed), and "wow" (whenever i want). i sleep through the night (at least 9 out of 10 nights) and i finally got my 2 top teeth! now i'm a 4-toothed beauty. :) i'm not walking on my own yet, but i'm super fast when i hold onto things or hands. i give fives too! high fives, low fives, everywhere i give fives! i love books, and toys, and food. i'm a happy girl.

at the beginning of the month i decided to take a little different stance on my already perfected really good fit.
first you have to pick what you want. usually for me, it's for my mom to hold me. then you have to follow your subject around while crying the whole time. then if they stop, that's when you get to work. you have to crawl up to them and lay at their feet, real dramatic like. 

here's how it looks:
(and don't worry, i didn't hit my head in the above picture. and even if i did, it's all in the name of dramatics, so it's all good!)

you can also do the pre-bath fit.
finding my subject...
aaaaand fit!
and/or the leopard print fit.
(a favorite of mine!)
finding my subject...
and fit!
but then, in the middle of the month, i decided to turn over a new leaf. no more fits for me! i started playing nicely, allowing my mom to put me down, staying asleep when layed down, you know, all that good stuff. (don't worry about my mom getting bored though! where i left off with the fit throwing, addie took up! she acts like a baby all the time now! pass the baton, that's what we kids like to do! lexi is next. :)

i finally got to meet my papa (more about his visit later) and we had to drive alllll around everywhere. and then i had to ride in my stroller alllll around everywhere.

some things were pretty cool, like this time when i found my street. they spelled it wrong, but whatev'.
here we are at a cool old cemetery. just hangin'.

then i decided to get a quick game of peek-a-boo in.
i've been eating lots of new foods! i <3 cheese!
toast...
cheez-its...
chicken...
and not eggs.
see, the thing is, addie loves eggs. she eats two every morning. so it would be too easy if i liked eggs too! gotta keep mama on her toes, so i hate eggs! any kind! i will usually eat one bite, but then spit it right back out. :) (this is a trick alexis and christian told me about! they used to do the exact same thing!)

here's what breakfast looks like around here. bedhead and i sit together and eat. eggs and toast for her. bananas and toast for me. :)
chillin'.
i really like wrestling with this guy.
got him right where i want him!
and practicing my dental skills again.
what?
 more daddy fun.

 i still love my tongue. and my eyes are still baby blue. :)

i found addie's ti-aww-wa and got it on fast!
i took a break from my farming to take some pictures.
(beet farming, you know)
and now i'll suck on binkies. 
don't worry, i use it maybe one day a month and it's really just for fun. 
but i will keep them in my mouth now, and that's new.
my days of cute hair bows are coming to an end. i pull it off my head as soon as i realize it's there. sometimes it takes me a few hours, sometimes minutes. my mom is still trying though. she's a persistent lady.
i love my babies!
cuddles!
and throw!
(and don't worry about that weird rash on my arm. we're getting it checked out on monday .:)
i got my first bruise during some of my stair climbing excursions.

pensive on pensive street.
(and just look at all that hair!)
i was spinning around on my bottom one day, so my dad put me on the sit and spin and... i hated it.
 
hope you had a happy st. patricks day! it was my first, and i did!
looking worried because my mom is so weird and is always putting something on my poor head!
i h.a.t.e. getting my diaper changed! i roll and crawl as far as i can! and i am really learning to enjoy running free!
tagged by addie. i guess she thought i had a boo-boo.
i've taken up the piano.
and i'm a crawling maniac. i love stairs!
and now some from my birthday today!
(you'll see more of this if my mom ever catches up on blogging)
enjoying some of my new toys.
and check out my cute birthday digs from my auntie henna birthday twin. (that's what i call her)
i loved eating my birthday cupcake!
and then i enjoyed a pink chocolate covered oreo!
and check out the cool way i like to sit in my high chair with my knees pulled up to my chest.
heaven!
okay, gtg.
 see you next month!

love,

big, fat, sometimes cranky, sometimes delightful, always beautiful and loved, one-year-old,

frankie

3 comments:

auntie henna said...

frances gene. i couldn't love you more.

Grandpa said...

Nor could I. I'd like to point out that the 'change' in her behavior coincided EXACTLY with my arrival. Hmmm, coincidence? I don't think so.

Grandpa Smilin' Jack

Heather B said...

Happy Birthday Frankie girl! Such a sweetie; looks like she's a busy one... I love those fit-pitching photos--totally cracked me up! Give her a squeeze from me, and thanks for keeping us updated!