Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Whole Year - By Addison

It's official!

 I'm a 1 year old! What a year I've had! Oh the places I've been! The things I've seen! 

This last month has been a fun one too. I'm learning sooo much everyday! It's so much fun! I really like to do really cute things just once or twice and then my family tries to get me to do it again but I don't. Everybody calls that "the Addie." Love it!

Still not a big fan of walking. I like to crawl, and I figure, why ruin a good thing? Plus everybody kinda wants me to walk. So I know I for sure don't want to do that! That's just my personality. :)

Last week one of my mommies besties, Joy (and her family), came to visit and I decided I really love her! I mean really! My mom was making Alexis a cake and when she walked away, Joy gave me the frosting container and spatula! Yum! She said it was good practice for tomorrow... I'm not sure what she was talking about, but I can't wait!

At first I was trying to be civilized and use the spoon...

But it was so good I said "Forget the spoon!"


I really like attention and make friends super easily! I'm a social little butterfly!

Here I am saying one of my 3 words. "Hello" Can you see how into talking on the phone I get?! You gotta get your whole face involved sometimes!

PS -  my other two words are "mom" and "wow".

Since the movers came and brought all of our stuff my mom has been trying to get me to eat in my old high chair. Uhhhh, I hate it!

"You sit in it if you like it so much!"

She wasn't listening to reason so I stuck my tongue out at her. After I dumped my bowl of veggies out that is. I showed her.

The movers did bring some fun stuff too. My old changing table is a lot of fun now that I'm a big girl. I figured out how to climb right on it!

After a few minutes I was bored and tried to get down.

Then I tried another way... and another. And there was my mom, just snapping pictures! Then when I started getting upset she started filming! 
Mothers!


I will lay on anyone, anywhere. So watch out.

I am very helpful! Just look at how I helped my mommy feed me! That kind of help is hard to come by!

I got to meet my daddy's oldest brother, Uncle Ken. I was sick when he was here so I wasn't too sure of him, as you can see by my face. He's pretty cool though.

Every once in awhile I sleep. Not too often though. Gotta keep the 'rents on their toes!

Personal hygiene is important for 1 year olds! So I learned to brush my hair this last month.


Practicing for some playground Olympics. I'm pretty quick.

Then they let me down the slide. By myself. I might look a little scared here, but it was totally rockin' fun! And you know you like the no pants/diaper only look! So stylin!

Pink is my all time favorite color, but now I have another favorite too. It's John Deere green!
Check me out!

Peek-a-boo! Hotels are so much fun!

I only say a few words, but I have a very expressive face.  Here are a few examples for ya. 
These were taken within about 10 seconds of one another.

"Girl, let me tell you what..."

"Ha-ha. Good one!"

"I can squeeze in here! Watch me!"

"Told you so!" If you want to be expressive like me, here's a hint: 
when you are really happy, squint your eyes just like this! It just screams happiness!

Sometimes I fall asleep doing some funny stuff. Whatever works, right?!

Helping myself to some of daddy's alfredo tonight at Lexi's birthday dinner.


My super cute birthday outfit. My shirt says "My 1st Birthday"
So stylish!

You can't tell here, but I'm dancing. I do love to dance! I really like to move it, move it!

Okay, that's all for now. I'm not sure that I'll have time for my monthly posts, now that I'm a one year old. We'll just have to wait and see.

Love,

The Big Girl Addie

3 comments:

amy said...

what a big girl! very good 1 year old post! she's so darn cute.

carlen said...

darling! i love all your expressive face photos! and i totally agree with you on the high chair deal! i've never liked the things! but PLEASE keep the posts coming, Addie! Yours are our favorites! (Or should I ask you NOT TO since you are a rebellious soul and you're likely NOT to do it we ask you to? hee hee!)

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUTIE!
(Happy Birthday to Alexis, too!!!)

Joy :) said...

Oh, how cute! She's so big! Happy First Birthday!