Thursday, January 15, 2009

Attack of the turkeys!!!

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted! And that last one was my 100th. I am now a centurion. :)

I've been bit by the Spring cleaning bug so I've been keeping busy cleaning out every closet, cabinet, dresser, and box (some of which still remain unpacked! But not for long!). Why, you ask did I not do this before I moved like every other normal person? Well, I was taking care of 3 children, one of whom was only 3-4 months at the time and trying to sell a house on my own. Anyone that's ever had a house up for sale knows the stress of having to always keep it spotless and be ready to leave at any moment. So starting a project (such as cleaning out a closet) with a 3 month old around did not seem like a great idea. And then when we got our renters they were ready to sign a lease right away, so after that I had to kick it in turbo just to get everything done and ready to move. So that is why I did not go through our things very thoroughly before we moved. And that is also why I haven't blogged lately.

On to the turkeys! As I was changing Addie's diaper this morning, I noticed that there were 5 turkeys in our driveway (not an uncommon occurrence) and they all had their feathers drawn (very uncommon occurrence) and were just circling around eachother(another uncommon occurrence). I got my camera to try to get a picture, even though I'm not really into taking pictures of animals. Anyways, after my picture I tried to make some noise to scare them away but they were having none of it!

So I decided to record them. This was taken from my mini bathroom window.



Even after all of this they still wouldn't leave. Thank goodness I didn't need to go anywhere, otherwise I would have been super freaked out! They stayed in this spot for about 3 hours and finally went on their way. At least I hope they did! Matt said he thinks they might be in heat and that's why they were acting so strangely. Whatever it was, I don't like it and hope they don't come back! Icky!

3 comments:

Dyer Family said...

I was beginning to wonder if you had fallen off the face of the earth...glad to see someone's getting some cleaning and organizing done:)

~Lori said...

That is kind of creepy! You don't see them with their feathers out like that very often. My kids were laughing watching this. They said, "Why doesn't she just go chase them?" They think they would be all brave and do it, but when it came right down to it, I think they might chicken out. :)
And when you get done cleaning out at your house, you can head on over to my house.

Holly said...

Seriously, you get turkeys in your driveway down there? That is funny! I liked that they "talked" back to you everytime you told them in your commanding voice to "go away".