Saturday, September 2, 2023

This week

Delaney has been into swimming laps, so even though it was chilly and she was the only one in the pool, we went every evening this week. 

I listened to my book at the table and then came over and sat on the edge and timed her and cheered. She’s so fun. The major bummer is that next week, when the pool is closed, it will be in the 90°’s. This always happens, it’s so dumb. 

On Wednesday we went back to the dentist and ran some errands. There was a beautiful sunset that night! Matt headed down to Norfolk for work that morning, so we sent him this. 

On Thursday morning Nola and I went walking. We went from 7-8 because I had and appt in Waldorf to train Susanne. She is German and made me a German style brekkie and we went through the handbook and got to know each other for 3 hours. We both received further confirmation that this is the right calling for her right now and I can already tell I’m going to love serving with her. 

I went shopping at Sam’s after and decided we were gonna have a girls night for Adi. She tried out for the high school play and didn’t get a part, so she was pretty bummed. These are the little disappointments that train and prepare us for the big disappointments and they are a part of life, albeit a crummy one. But girls night with treats are also part of life, so we went all in. When Delaney and Frankie got home they told me this was a good idea and Adi would love it. Bubba and sissy commiserated as well. We come together to love on each other. 

Today I headed to Calvert to train my new secretary. We’re trying something new where she’s going to minister especially to the Spanish branch, so she’ll be with them at least once a month and really get to know and be a support to them. We counseled together about what the rest of her calling would look like, and I think some of it we will just figure out as we go as we follow the spirit. It was wonderful getting to know her and I know I’ll love serving with her too. Our first presidency meeting is Wednesday and it’s all I can do to wait till then! It’s been a long time and we’ve got work to do. All good things. 

Today we finished laundry and got beach fun packed up. We went to the pool but they were closing down, and I had sent the girls before me so I could quickly vacuum and none of them wanted to ask why they were closing or when they’d be open, so we scrapped that last swim of the season. After dinner we left for our beach weekend with Matt in Norfolk. We hit traffic so we stopped to kill time and when we left the Dollar General (gross I know) 30 minutes later the maps showed us arriving at the same time as if we’d waited out the traffic. And I’d much rather peruse a gross DG than sit in traffic any day. We sent Matt our traffic whomp whomp shot. 

It will be a chilly beach weekend, but I’ll take a chilly day at the beach any day. 

1 comment:

Pool Tiles said...

Pool tiles are a fundamental component of any well-designed swimming pool. These tiles serve both functional and aesthetic purposes, making them a crucial choice for pool owners and designers alike.