Tuesday, January 17, 2017

missed a few

oops, guess I missed a few days. I had every intention of catching back up with myself. maybe I will still try.

matt and I have been enjoying this fun little tv in our room every night before bed. we canceled our cable, so Christian bought us a cute little smart tv for Christmas that we can stream the interwebs and Netflix with. pretty modern up in here. and don't mind the messy dresser, just keeping it real. ps - we just finished kimmy shmidt last night and are so ready for the new season.
yesterday was mlk day so the girls were off school. it was a working pj day. we worked, they breaked with a show, we worked, they breaked. it was a frustrating day for me because there is still so much to do, with Christmas takedown, vacation recovery cleaning, and trip planning, but it was a good and quiet day at home, which I always love. matt worked so he could save a vacation day for our trip next week, so I talked to the girls about making the house clean and nice for daddy because he works so hard for us, and they were very willing.

then we facetimed bubba into fhe (lu was at the gym) which was also frustrating (girls behavior at fhe, not bubba). also a visit from our home teachers, which was also frustrating (again, girls behavior, not the home teachers). nothing terrible, just bouncy, irreverent girls. it comforts me to know that fhe is seldom a peaceful, reverent evening in most homes. not that I want others to be frustrated, but you know.

 
sunday morning dawned early and not so bright, but it was awfully pretty driving out of the grant at 7:15, with not a soul in sight. we've got early church this year, and though I hate waking up early, I do have to admit that it was kind of nice driving home from church at 1 with nothing else to do that day. matt gave a sweet talk on improving family prayer at home. he wrote letters to each of the kids about prayer and how to use it in their lives and how to make it more meaningful. it was really wonderful.
matt home taught at the mc's, and laura sent me this pic of him trying on their old people glasses and commenting on how he should probs get him some of those. he's needed them for awhile. :)

I didn't take one picture on Saturday. on account of there wasn't a whole lot going on. addie, laney, and I ran errands in the morning. then frankie and matt went and picked up some of his teachers to "help" him change the oil in both of our vehicles. they were good sports and i'm sure they learned a ton, and matt took them for milkshakes after, so i'd call that a good day. addie went to a birthday party, and ended up being the only party goer. I am always cheering the underdog, so that made me sad for the girl, but happy that addie went, and she had a great time.

that evening addie and I went for a run. I found her list of resolutions she'd written at school, and one of them was to "run the lg marathon." (5k) so I asked her if she'd like to start running with me and she said yes. we played music and did the walk/run method and talked, and she did great. after our planned 15 minutes I remembered that I needed to pick up coupons from a neighbor a few streets away and asked if she'd like to run there with me, or just head home. she decided to run there with me even though she was tired. we pumped ourselves up by singing "this girl is on fire" (one of our latest fav's) and addie would substitute "this girl's running the 5k!" love her!

matt worked on his cws Friday, mostly for his navy job. I kept myself busy doing who knows what. then after school addie had Danica (and added in ashby somehow) over, frankie had Roslyn, and because little sister is never to be left out, laney had brady over. it was nice'ish, so we played at the park and then came home and played. friends went home at 5 and we ate dinner and got read for Jacob's coh.

cute little friends taking a cracker break.

goofy little friends that have so.much.energy.

too cool biggish friends that weren't thrilled to take a picture for me.
onto the court of honor. I taught Jacob's primary class for almost 2 years, so he has a special place in my heart. Jennifer went all out, which I loved. they had a tent and camping gear set up, complete with a campfire that I had to supervise so the kids didn't burn themselves. ;)
eagle's nest. one of my eagles in the middle. I loved the giant flag on loan from the l-town fire department. I love little (and big) details that make events so much nicer.
I probs already posted this, but I had yet to get a picture with her holding it, and I was really ready to recycle this cute sign. this was for walk to school day when the kids made posters and addie came up with this cute idea all by herself. she's such a creative soul and I am praying that school and peers don't shame that out of her. I've been listening to brene brown talk about how important creativity and art is, and how come we grade art in schools? I can't remember her exact statistic, but so many people get art shamed, at home and at school, and then decide that being creative isn't safe. and I want her to always know it is. anyhow, she's adorbs.
one morning blog down, dare I try to post this afternoon???

No comments: