Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Adam

Today was a mostly unproductive, but also mostly good day. We finally broke open Addie's gift from Matt's work party. It's a jewelry making kit with lots of little parts and cheaply made, so you can imagine how much fun that was. Addie made a ring, charm, and bracelet, Frankie made a bracelet and charm, and Delaney made a tennis bracelet. And I kept it together, so I call that a win-win.
Ellie rainbow sparkles left us some magic beans (m&m's) to plant in sugar and see what happens tomorrow morning.
Spoiler: it's a pb tree Forrest. That's what happens. 
After our jewelry making, chocolate chip pancake eating, puttering around the house fun, we played a rousing game of princess memory. And we listened to southern Maryland artists rendition of Hallelujah, which we all love. Supah fun.
Delaney took a super long nap. I checked on her a few times, but the last time (it was already dark, that's how late it was) I found her happily rubbing hydrocortisone cream into her bookcase. I calmly handed her two washcloths and told her to clean it up. Then she flitted around wiping every. Surface, in her room. That told me that would be a big job, so I called in the daddy reinforcement. We cleaned together for a few minutes, but then Darlaina came to pick me up and drop off vt'ing treats. Darn, sad to have missed that clean up.
In an attempt to clean out our fridge (didn't work) we had pasta, shepards pie, and macaroni for dinner.

Then I, for the 3rd time this week, headed out for visits and shopping. In a torrential downpour. And 68 degrees. This is the most bizarre December weather. I'm not complaining, I am actually enjoying a nice break in the wallet since we're not having to refill our propane, but I do wonder if the warm temps have contributed to the general lack of Christmas cheer I have noticed. 

Lexi was home today, not sure how she avoided all pictures. She straightened the girls hair, and Peter came to hang out. Chris the crabknocker worked all day. 

Anyways, we are still just so close to being ready. And ready or not, here Christmas comes.

No comments: