Wednesday, February 8, 2012

part one

i'm working on writing my birth story. it's multifaceted and involves a lot of emotions and i'm still trying to figure out how i feel about the whole thing.
it was very different than frankie's natural birth.
my good friend sarah is an amazing photographer, and in the interest of this being our last baby, i had asked her if she would take pictures at our birth. she's a birth hippy too (probably more than me cause she did an all natural home birth!) so she seemed happy and excited to do it.
she sent me the sweetest email that night and i wanted to share and document it.
So.. I just had to tell you some things I remembered before I forget... Although, I'm sure I won't forget. :)
But it was totally cute, while you were having contractions Matt knew it was close. And he was SO excited. during the last bit of labor and during the first part of you pushing, he kept looking over at me and would smile a big smile. He was SO excited, but I think he didn't want to be too excited in front of you... since you felt like crap and all. I thought it was so sweet. And all of the times he leaned over the bed to kiss you because he was excited and proud of you. That was cute too.. and I don't know if you remember any of that. Or all of the encouraging words he was giving you. He was trying so hard to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. Not sure if it annoyed you, but it was really sweet to see. So, Matt is a keeper... ;) Plus no dumb jokes! ;)
You probably remember pretty much everything, but I just had to tell you about Matt because I don't know if you noticed that. :)
I wished I would have thought to count your pushes! Definitely less than 10... 5-7 maybe? I don't know, but it wasn't that many.
Ok, anyways... not sure when you will get this, but I'm taking your girls on Thursday. Just FYI. I'll pick them both up and take Addie and Abby to preschool and I'll watch Frankie... I'm watching Curtis too. So don't argue. ;-p Unless I'm in labor or you have a good excuse for me not to come. :)
Anyways, go enjoy your new baby girl! Delaney Ray sounds SO cute! And seriously, that is probably the coolest thing I've ever gotten to see! :) Oh, and your pictures are almost ready for ya. No crotch shots!! :)
Can't wait to hear how the little girls feel about their new baby sister! :) Oh... and I also forgot to tell you that last night Abby prayed that your baby would come out. :) And today after I was home she came up to me and said, "Guess what happened to sister ray? her baby comed out!" :)
Ok seriously, I'm done. Let me know if you need anything.
love,
Sarah
and then she blogged about it here:
sarah didn't end up taking my girls on thursday... because on monday morning bright and early (i think 1 or 2 am'ish), she went into labor herself!!! our girls were due 3 weeks apart and ended up being born 1 day apart. don't you love that??? i was bummed that i didn't get to take pics for her (and see a baby other than mine being born, cause i think that would be so cool to see!), but so happy that her baby is here and that she did so well.

and i didn't really realize all those sweet things matt was doing, so i was glad to have her note. :)
ps - don't i have awesome friends? i am so blessed.

1 comment:

The Ainas said...

Well you can come see baby aina #3's birth. :)