Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Whole Month - By Frankie

Okay, I know I'm technically a little late on this, but that's just the way I roll, late.
I'm a pretty laid back kind of lady.
Most of the time.

Here are some of my comings and goings.

Here I am at the hospital with my Auntie Amy.
And following in the fine tradition of my big sissy Addie, Amy's the one who's birthday I decided to steal. And we share a middle name.
I kinda like her.
A lot.
She should totally come back and visit me, I'm so much way cuter now!

At the hospital with my big sissy Alexis. She's always saying stuff like "Why are you always crying?" and "Addie's my favorite sister!" and then my mom always tells her not even to joke like that.
Wonder why...

Here I am at the hospital in my weird science picture.
They sure do things different here in Maryland.

Here I am finally at home, a few days old with my BFF Ronnie.
I mean, Frankie and Ronnie, seriously, does it get any cuter?

And another one.
We were due one day apart but ended up being born a month apart.
She was 17 days early and I was 11 days late.
But I'm bigger.
Remember, I'm laid back!

Here I am just a few days old. I've got a mini-smile on my face.
My mom keeps telling everyone what a genius I am because I recognized people and smiled for them at like a week old.
And in case you were gonna ask too (cause everybody does!) no, it's not gas.
I am smart.

So smart that I really like to study things over in my head. And sometimes you gotta get your mouth involved too.

Here's my dad making fun of my worried face. But if he had a big sister like Addie, he'd look like that too!

And speaking of Addie...
it started as soon as I got home from the hospital.
Just look at those faces!
One is maniacal, the other terrified.
You figure out which is which.

Here's what my days look like when she's around.
Here I am just sleeping and minding my own beeswax.

Then Addie saw me and had to give me kisses.
Don't get me wrong, I like her most of the time.

But sometimes...

it's just too much!

Here's another example for you.
Picture it: I'm minding my business on mom and dad's bed, sleeping peacefully.
Addie comes and decides she wants in on that action and "pretends" to sleep with me.
Then she started "snoring."
Ugh!

And just one more about her.
I'm just playing nicely in my swing and there she comes and starts pushing me and it's like a ding-dang earthquake.
That girl does not know the meaning of gentle.
Even though she tries.

Thinking of tasting something icky.

I. Do. Not. Like. Baths.

It even takes me a few minutes after a bath to recover! Look at this face!
Why would anyone ever insist on bathing me again?!

Finally calm.
And oh, so sweet.


Thinking...

I don't mind being a fashionista.
It's work.
But it's fulfilling and I enjoy it.

I had my first Easter and it was pretty okay.
My first visit with the Easter bunny bombed though.
My parents thought he'd be taking pictures for another hour so they waited and then he started to leave.

Never one to miss out on a photo-op though, they chased after him and took pictures in the hallway.

Yes, they are classy. I think the bunny might have been annoyed, just look at how he's holding my head up. Or not holding it up I should say.

We've had some cold weather and had to dress warm.
There's that almost smile again.

And finally, my many smiley faces.
This one was at 15 days old.
My mom was holding me and being silly and I just loved it!
I think my aunties will like it because I'm smiling with my eyes too.
Right, Tyra?!

In this one I am 3 weeks old.
My mom says I have the cutest goofiest smile ever.
Must be good. :)

And in this one I was sunbathing, right before I turned a month old.
Everyone likes how I use my tongue to make my smile so sweet.
And don't you love my bikini?!

And just because, who doesn't love a good bum shot?!
Especially such a cute one!
See you next month!

Or in a few weeks. :)

5 comments:

Sara said...

I gotta tell ya, that is one of the sweetest blog posts EVER. So I still have Addie's birth announcement on my fridge... When do we get Frankie's?

Love you and miss you so much!

auntie amy said...

i do love that she smiles with her eyes! and just so you don't so stupid, the actual term is 'smize.' holla at ya tyra.
p.s. nice tushie fwankie. ;-)

The Lawrences said...

awww!! I love this. I love Miss Frankie too! So cute!

Shelly said...

Good job on the post, Michelle, I mean Frankie!
Such a cute little baby girl! She seriously get cuter and cuter every time I see her.

Joy :) said...

She is just adorable. I wish I could just see her and hold her and hold her and hug her and squeeze her.