Sunday, August 30, 2009

Long time, no post!

Yikes, I've been a really bad blogger lately! I have lots of reasons! Or are they excuses? Who cares. All I know is that things are getting back to normal around here and I am so ready! I have so much to blog about so I'll just start at the beginning.

After a week long delay in coming home, Christian finally made it back on August 8! We were so ready for him to be home! We picked him up from the airport and headed over to the Smithsonian Museum of Flight since neither of the boys went with us when Joy's family was here. The Smithsonian's are so much fun and FREE! I never knew that before living here, but I think it's totally awesome!

Christian in front of the Pile'o'junk from Night at the Museum 2.

The judges...

With the Wright Flyer.

And another...

And then a sweet kiss out on the National Mall.

It was such a pretty day! This was early evening so it was finally cooling down!

A fresh diaper in the shadow of the Washington Monument.
Sweet memories!

Then a few days later on the 14th, Alexis and Amy flew into town, just in time for Matt and I to fly out early the next morning. So instead of driving back and forth to DC, we decided to get a hotel. And since we were so close, we headed over to the Arlington National Cemetery that evening.

The Eternal Flame at the Kennedy's grave site.

The girls chilling in the amphitheater at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Christian enthralled with the changing of the guard. That was very cool!

The Tomb and the beautiful building behind it.


We didn't stay long at the cemetery and there's still lots to see. It's also huge and they give trolley tours that we want to take some day. It's so neat to live so close to so much history! I love it!

Next up: Matt and I leave for Paradise!!!

No comments: