Saturday, September 5, 2015

Weekly report

On Thursday afternoon Lexi came over to do some trip prep. We all (Chris, lex, Laney, and I) walked to pick the girls up from school, and the librarian went on and on about what a nice boy Christian is, (her daughter is friends with Brenna's sister. Clear as mud, right?) how respectful and kind he's always been. She said she even asked her son (who is also a senior) if Christian is as nice at school as he is out of it, and he said he's nice there too. Totally made my day! It's so awesome to hear good things about big kids. It's not like I can just pop into the high school and check on him, so that was really sweet. 

Then today when i picked Frankie up from a birthday party, one of the moms who had taught at the high school last year told me what a sweet boy Christian was too, not only at the school, but also as a lifeguard the last two years. Love that boy! Who is, incidentally, not being the nicest right now. God knew I needed to hear some Chris praising. (:

*back to Thursday* Lexi treated me to salsas (a first!) on our way out shopping. Delish, as always. Chris sent me this sweet picture of Delaney asleep on his lap. Little sister still loves her naps. 
Lu and I hit up old navy and Ross and got picture outfits for Chris and her, then Wally for some treats. It was good pre-trip fun. 

On Friday, Colleen watched Laney for me. I got 2 full days off this week! My house is pretty darn clean, which it hasn't been all summer, so it's super nice. I also finished listening to War and Peace, which was very interesting and very long. 
All the girls had a fun day. Friday night we hit the pool for my last official pool trip of 2015. The gang will probably go again on Monday. It's been a good summer!

Today Matt went for an 18 mile bike ride. He came home and a few hours later started complaining about a hurt hand. #weregettingold

When he got home I went out for an intended run, but it turned into a walk. #lazy

It was a slow and easy day. I finished packing, napped in preparation for an all night drive, and picked Frankie up from her friends princess birthday party. 
At 5, we met up with Jodie for family pictures. She's been taking our pics for us the past few years, and she does such a good job! Lex and I were originally tgoing to leave this morning, but we stayed to take pictures. (Jodie's been out of town forever) 

Doesn't matter how much pep talking and bribing we do for days leading up to picture time, it's usually pretty frustrating and takes forever. Well, only an hour and a half, but when you're dealing with a 7, 5, and 3 year old, it feels like forever. Made me think of the Lego movie, where Lord Business is taking pictures of the old Lego couple and they keep moving. Jodie sent these 2 and said there are lots of cute ones. Yay!
Next up - road trip!

No comments: