Thursday, September 1, 2011

half way there!

the first of my preggy shots for this, my last pregnancy. (all things willing!)
i'm savoring every day. 
partly because i am so not ready to have another baby around the house yet.
and partly because i really want to appreciate this miracle my Heavenly Father has entrusted to me. (and matt)
i am so grateful to be able to carry healthy babies healthfully.
it's such a blessing and i want to fully appreciate and remember all of it.
 since it's hard enough for me to remember to take weekly pictures, i figure the easiest thing is for me just to take it myself whenever i do remember. week 16 was taken around midnight (hence the no make-up and jacked up 'do).

week 17 was taken around 8am. whenever i remember, yo.
i always laugh at myself when i try to take self portraits. 
i end up taking a million cause i am so bad at it!
as evidenced:





and 18 weeks...
 and 19 weeks...

 today we are 20 weeks. i can't believe things are moving so quickly.
sloooooooooow down, little girl!!!
and even though it's 7 weeks late, a little bit about the first trimester:

*nausea
(although i only threw up twice, once on a super windy road during a road trip, and once while brushing my teeth, which is a daily battle)
*aversion to foods immediately after eating them
*fatigue 
(although really, i could claim fatigue every day)
*weird feeling in my throat like something was stuck 
(sooo glad that one went away!)
*constant hunger, but nothing sounds very yummy
(again, really i could claim that every day, minus the nothing sounding good part)
*immediate belly
*losing tons of hair
*pain in my right rib
(and yes, i do know the baby is way too tiny to be in my rib yet, but still, near constant pressure/pain)
*neck and shoulder stiffness/backache
*very excited and lots of love!!! 
and i haven't had many cravings, but here's one that just wouldn't go away, and it was every bit as delicious as it looks! club soda with a salted rim and lots'o'lime! hit the spot!
and today i'm having matt pick me up the ingredients for becky's spinach dip.can't.stop.thinking.about.it!!!

as far as 2nd trimester goes, i'm feeling pretty good.
*i'm tired and have a sore back and shoulders, but that's the usual.
*if you can, try to avoid me around 3 or 4, that's mommy's cranky time.
*i've gained 4 pounds, pretty good i say, because the 3rd trimester is when i really balloon.
(i know, i know, your saying "you don't think you've already ballooned?!" and the answer is no. just you wait.

No comments: