Saturday, May 23, 2020

Family pictures 2019

The coldest day in the history of ever was the one day that worked for our photographer while the Finlaysons visited in December. It was seriously cold. Like in the teens with the windchill. We had big coats and blankets for when whatever person wasn't being photographed. And poor Emmett. It was kind of a sad photo shoot because sweet Emmy was so sad. He cried and cried like he never cries. When she got him to the car, Lexi found that his little shoe was pinching his foot. Poor baby.
 I feel like I've written about this before, but this was a fail for me. I wish I would have just taken a beat and encouraged Lexi to take care of Emmett, because I feel like she could have figured out the problem and then he'd have been his happy self. But I was anxious about wasting Haley's time, and it was so very cold. Oh well, always room to improve. And really, the pictures are pretty cute, even with a sad baby.
 Dad joined us for some pictures, so that was nice.
 Prom photo 2019.
 Sweetest little family.
 I'm so happy to have my dad close by. It's been so nice.
 With 1/3 of the grands.
 He was almost ok while Mimi held him. 
 But then not again.
They are not my favorite family pictures which is probably why it's taken me 5 months to really share or order them. Family pictures are important to me, even the years they aren't the best.

No comments: