Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Day #50

We have settled into life at home. The girls willingly do their school work, the biggest problem we have is not enough devices, but I keep reminding myself that it doesn’t matter if things take all day because it just doesn’t. Matt loves working from home. In between meetings he’s cleaned all the windows and both cars several times. Cars and windows have been his priority, and though they are not my priority, it’s great that they’re getting done. 

Addie had a piano meltdown today. Her meltdowns entail holding it in till she gets some privacy and then crying it out. I knew her song was frustrating her, so I texted Sarah and asked if Addie and Abby could go for a bike ride. I think we’re ok with letting them play outside a few times a week. I say I think because my feelings and thoughts change by the hour. She was so happy and grateful and I just hope it was ok. 

I went for a nice run. Since I’ve been running further distances I’ve been running on streets I’ve never, in 11 years of sporadic running, run on. It’s fun to see new sights. 

We had a sweet home evening and for our activity I cried through the latest SGN. Oh Momma Oprah, I can’t even.  

I accidentally forgot to put the pictures in before the words (I’ve only been blogging for 12 years) and I’m not fixing it. 

Girls playing. 

We melted chocolate and made chocolate covered strawberries for our treat. 

Also, it’s National Candied Orange Peel Day, and guess who’s got a ton of oranges? This girl. They were kind of time consuming and are not great, but we tried. 

Why, 2020, why?

And to wash that awfulness off, my favorite grand baby. He just got his second haircut and he’s such a big boy. 




No comments: