Thursday, May 28, 2020

Day #73 and #74

All the girls love FaceTiming Lexi and Em, but Frankie especially does. She’ll walk around and talk and talk. Lu sent her this adorable pic of baby boy. He’s so happy!

Yesterday after all of our daily work and then a makeup piano lesson, we went to Aina’s to keep an eye on the girls so Sarah could get some rest. 

Addie and Abby played for a few minutes and then hit the stream. They have grand adventures build and catch things. They are both v into it. I brought several dozen school oranges to peel in preparation for freezing for future use in smoothies and orange julius’. And also several days of to do lists to consolidate what still hasn’t been done. 

Laney and Ellie went to the front to so clay, and Frankie was the best little baby sitter for Isla and Adeline. She dutifully pushes them and kept watch. 

Laney and Ellie made friendship keychains - eggs and bacon. So cute. 

The girls all loved the clay, so I moved my whole operation and we call cane to the front. In the shade it was pleasant and cool with a light breeze, so it was a good afternoon to be outside. After about an hour, Sarah came out to visit. I had tried to keep the girls from going inside, but when L and E went to the front without me I guess Ellie went in a few times and kids aren’t known for their stealth moves. 

My dad hung out with us for awhile, and took this beautiful picture of us. As you can see, the girls will touch each other now, but not all the time, they’re still sort of careful. And we’re not going inside houses, except that one time that I really couldn’t hold it any longer and went in to the rest room. I was quick and careful though!

We’ve had lots of great opportunities to ask for forgiveness and grant it over the quarantine. Lots of learning and growth going on. 

This house down by the wharf is one of my favorite in Leonardtown. I love their pretty light turquoise doors. I’m always drooling over pretty doors. 

Today was a good project doing day. On bubbas days off I’ve been giving him jobs to do, and one of them was to figure out the battery situation in these old Benzies that died awhile back. They are very small and we definitely don’t need 2 anymore. So I asked the girls to pull one out and take a picture of it so we could give it to someone that would like to buy a new battery for it. I recommend Laney be in the shot for size reference, and I was a little worried that the picture might not be usable, but Addie blew it out of the water. 😂

We finished the laundry to enable us to put away all the winter clothes, so the girls and I folded and got everything put away. Then Laney and I worked on putting all her fun things on her walls. Her room looks really cute and I wi share pictures tomorrow after she makes her bed and vacuums. Also bubba put up Frankie’s canopy and she loves it. Also will share after she makes her bed. 

I got the best gift in the mail! Aunt Darcie sent me an original recipe card of my grandmas! I had expected her to make a copy, so this was a great surprise and treasure. I love seeing her handwriting and I’m so excited to make her recipe. And sheet cake is basically always delicious. 

It rained and was muggy all day today, and we haven’t turned on the ac yet, so it’s pretty warm upstairs. For dinner i made French toast with homemade bread and served with hot homemade syrup. As homemade as syrup made with maple extract can be, i guess. Tonight we are watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. It’s been a good day. 

No comments: