Friday, May 8, 2020

Day #53 and #54

Yesterday Addie and Abby went to play at the stream. We’re slowly letting them spend a little more time together outside. They had so much fun and came home filthy and muddy. So perfect. 

Matt supported me so well yesterday. I get decision fatigue something fierce, and with things starting to open back up, so many decisions. And then I was tutoring with Frankie and the girls were being normal kids and asking loads of questions and I have loads to do for church and I was just feeling overwhelmed. Ellie and Laney wanted to play but i think they need supervision and i was going to go with them, but then would have been behind on all my stuff. Matt came to me and said he’d been at his computer all day and was ready for a break and offered to take the girls out. It was exactly what I needed. I was able to get a bike ride, make a bunch of calls, and cross several things off my list. 

Matt was able to visit with my dad for a bit, so that was mice too. And dad sent these fun pictures. Matt is so jelly. This reminds me of the time we were at the gym and there was a football player there that let matt try on his super bowl ring. I teased him about that one forever! πŸ˜‚

Who needs to social distance? 🀷‍♀️🀦‍♀️ She did come home and take a shower. 😬

Last night I made my first batch of freezer jam. My pectin was not the freshest, and it didn’t set. I think I’m not gonna worry about it. 

This morning I got up early and cut up a million strawberries  and made strawberry shortcake and fresh cream. then we all had it for brekkie and it was delish. 

Look at Frankie go! Oh this precious girl. We both had a cry during tutoring yesterday. She works so hard, and actually, I do too. Learning disabilities are not for sissies, I’ll tell you that much. 

Addie has art projects due each Friday, and this week she made a letter and filled it with things that start with that letter. 

Today’s run before the storm. I got rained on twice, but it was beautiful. 7.3 miles. 

Delaney started a kids book club. They are reading James and the Giant Peach and Mrs. Nina is all in. She sent them a work packet, moderated, and even sent meeting minutes. D loved it and raised her hand for every question, she’s very Hermione. She snacked while she Zoomed. 

Tonight Addie had a stake youth fireside. She asked if I was “going to it “ with her, and when I asked if she wanted me to, she said no. So down to the basement she went by herself. She’s growing up and craving independence.

Addie, Laney, and I also made another batch of strawberry jam. Hope it sets this time. We watched music videos and Delaney danced while Matt and I crushed the Harry Potter puzzle. I shared my love of Whitney Houston with the girls this week, and they love her too! πŸ™ŒπŸΌ

No comments: