Friday, May 29, 2020

Day #75

The young women did a fun painting activity and this was Addie’s. Unfortunately we didn’t know the colors we needed, and I didn’t help addie find them, sooooo, here we are. She loves it. And I love her. 

For the last day of their james and the Giant Peach book club today they had to make a recipe with peaches. 

Delaney decided on a peach smoothie, odd because she doesn’t love smoothies. 

But it was actually really good. 

We squeezed an orange for 1/4 cup fresh oj. 

4-5 strawberries. 

And a container of peaches. 

Blend that up in your broken, only works to pulse 20 year old blender. 

Add a scoop or two of the most delicious honey vanilla yogurt. 

More of the busted blender. 
A handle of ice, then adorable present your concoction. 

Enjoy!

pretty sure she had that one sip and then was done. But she had fun making it. 

I got a surprise - a subscription to the Lighthouse Digest from my digest loving dad. 

I am so fickle and I often feel things strongest when they aren’t going well. As such, I am happy to report that Frankie has been doing an amazing job with tutoring ever since we wrote the list of rules to check. I do have to reminder her to go down the list more than I’d like, but I can handle that. Today she didn’t want to tutor. I asked at least three times, and to be honest, I didn’t want to either, so when she said no, I agreed. Finally at 4:45 I knew we’d never do it if we didn’t do it immediately, and so we did. She was grumpy at first, but I rubbed her back and gently reminded her that it’s tough for both of us, and she came around. I slathered her with loads of praise and we ended tutoring happily.  

We ate a quick dinner of leftovers and then it was time for the graduate parade!

We got out our megaphones and every bell we could find - which was 2 bells. The girls made signs and we were so excited. 

A neighbor came around handing out chocolates with fun Leonardtown graduate wrappers. 

We were at the end of the parade route, so we waited and waited. I played fun graduation music. 

And delaney yelled randomness. 

And so did Frankie. It was delightful. Frankie also wore a pool cover up as a sweater because she’s so excited the pool opens up tomorrow. 

Finally the parade made its way to us. It was really so fun. 

We cheered and rang our bells. We called out every name we could see, and then the few that we know - Paco, Erin, Calvin. 

The parade was so fun that we followed it up to the green to see the cap throwing. 

Even the Blue Crabs tie dye guy and Pinch came. How cool is that? Tons of neighbors, and my dad, took loads of really cool pictures. And the tie dye guy live streamed the whole parade. I’d take a cool parade over a boring commencement any day of the week! Hopefully this is a new tradition!

The DC temple is still set to reopen late fall. Our stake shared this gorgeous picture. I would so love to go to the temple right now. It will be the best day when we can go back. 

Today I made:

Stuffed sweet potatoes
Turkey and cabbage soup
2 different smoothies (1 with D)
Lemon cookies
Pickled beets 

A neighbor gave us 2 giant beets and for some reason I love pickled beets. I hope they turn out!

Tonight we watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and tomorrow we’ll check out the pool and their long list of rules. We can dig rules, the girls are so excited. 



No comments: