Sunday, May 24, 2020

Day #70

The sweetest boy has 2 teeth! He’s such a happy, busy little guy!

Amy H came over and dropped off strawberries from her garden and it made my day. We visited on the porch for a long time and it was so nice to see someone new. 

We had leftovers for lunch and this little piggy is the slowest eater always. She was mid saying “what?” here. 

And then she continued to talk and talk and talk. She’s got loads of words. Always has. 

Addie read the new Hunger Games book all day. She’s probably done with it by now. She’s really enjoying it. 

Emmett has gone straight from toddling to running. He’s got places to go, just like his mimi!

This is a screenshot from a video lexi sent of how the found the one food he doesn’t like - hash browns of all things! Who doesn’t like hash browns?! This silly kid. 

He is just the sweetest. 

Addie had a special visitor today too when Anna dropped off cookies for her. So sweet. 

We went for a walk and when we got bike decided to decorate for Memorial Day. 

I had a second meeting tonight, a stake meeting on welfare thag was very good and informative. Then my dad came over to see our festive house. I guess not festive, because it’s for Memorial Day, after all. Patriotic. With gratitude for those that have made the ultimate sacrifice. 

I’m waiting for him to send me the real pictures he took, but he’s being a slowpoke. 

Delaney was being super silly. She said she was a Sasquatch, sneaking all around. 

We visited outside for a long time and it was a cool and crisp evening. 

I feel unsettled. I haven’t gone anywhere in quite some time and I need some new scenery in my life. We’ve planned 2 outings for tomorrow and I am full of happy anticipation. 

For our sacrament meeting we talked about repentance and everyone participated and it was sweet and important. I saw online that several other people talked about repentance too and i thought what a coincidence! But we just read about Alma the younger’s great conversion story and so of course. 

For our closing song we sang Now Let us Rejoice and the third verse really struck me. 

In faith we’ll rely on the arm of Jehovah
To guide thru these last days of trouble and gloom,
And after the scourges and harvest are over,
We’ll rise with the just when the Savior doth come.

Feels pretty perfect for right now. We can patiently wait till the scourges are over. We can do this. 

No comments: