Saturday, May 23, 2020

Day #69

I ran early this morning since it was a warm day today. It was so pleasant and quiet. Running has been so healing for me during this pandemic. After my podcast ended I spent some time just listening to my feet hitting the pavement, to my breathing, to the birds, and occasional car driving by. It smelled so good, all fresh from an overnight rain and flowers blooming. I never realized even the weedy flowers that grow on the side of the road smell so sweet. It was one of the best parts of my day. 

Addie and I cleaned out her closet and dressers and switched out winter for summer clothes. She’s around a size 12, but lots of clothes are 10-12, and Frankie is around a 10, so it’s more than a little confusing. Thankfully they’ve been helping with laundry while they haven’t been in school and they know what fits who. I had Addie try on every summer item and she really only needs jams, undies, shorts, and sandals. Not too bad. 

Frankie and I had a rough tutoring session. Rough. It’s the end of the book and I’m giving her the post test and she’s not doing great. I’m going to have her help write up a steps to remember page that will hopefully help. I really don’t want to redo the whole book, but if the post test results don’t  improve, we’re going to have to. 

Delaney and I made lemon bars and Frankie and I made a hamburger cornbread casserole. Both were good, not great. 

We watched Harry Potter tonight and I finally updated all my socials and ordered our new canvas print. Crossed a few things off. 

I’m looking forward to Sunday. I need it. 

No comments: