Saturday, May 30, 2020

Day #76

Happy days are here again. The pool is open! The first walk to the pool of this bizarre year. 

There are all the rules. And we are thankful there are, and gladly follow them. I carefully packed our big bag with loads of mini bags. Max capacity is 80 people - lifeguards included, and once they hit that residents can line up outside the fence and wait for people to leave. If it gets to be a problem they will adjust things, but I don’t know that there have been many times there’s been more than 80 people there. I’m a pretty bad gage, but Frankie and I counted today and there were 34. It was also not the warmest day though, and the water was cold. Masks are to be worn when walking around and in the bathroom. No showers. No moving tables or chairs. No outside guests. Must maintain 6 feet social distance, even in the pool. The hoa can be fined if we don’t abide by the rules, so they said they mean business. We got there before opening today and there were 4 lifeguards and a boss, and 3 pool committee members. I wouldn’t think they’d need that many everyday, but each day we learn something new, so who knows. 

#’s 4,5, and 6 in the pool for the 2020 season. Lots of years we’ve been #1. 

We stayed 3 hours since there was no one waiting to come in. I sat and read the Ensign (goalz) and managed girls as needed. I love this quote. The world needs women that don’t let trifling things get in the way of the most important things. 

My dad came over today and actually came inside for a bit. Things seem to be more calm and it seems like we’ll have a little reprieve for a few months? We don’t plan on going crazy, but it would be wonderful to relax some safety precautions with a small group of friends and family. I start thinking about when to reign it back in though and my mind gets a whirling again, so back to one day at a time. Dad helped Addie download pictures - a job we are truly terrible at. 

We watched the space shuttle blast off and that was fun and different. Some people might have asked questions like where are the going, and where is the international space station  and is it on the moon? Some people never really thought about it. 

I hung these signs I had Chelsea make for me. I had gotten the Leonardtown one from a friend here, and then Chelsea made the other two. All our homes as a married family. 

We ate cabbage soup and homemade bread, then valentine candy and buttered popcorn and watched Harry Potter #4 tonight. Oh Cedric. That we could all be good, be kind, be brave like you. The world needs more Cedric’s right now. We read Alma 4 and watched the video that goes along with it, and talked about how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are waiting to empower us. The priesthood - the power and authority to act in Gods name, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and the gift of the temple endowment, the gift of all of our covenants. Giving away power is what God does. Taking and keeping power is of the adversary. There is enough for everyone. 

I have written before about what a slow run/walker I am, but I am working on stamina and it doesn’t bother me. But I had thought it would be a good thing to have some faster, shorter runs. So I decided to do a 5k today, 4 minutes running, 30 seconds walking. It was so hard. But I figured I’d be pretty fast, so it’s all good. I still ran 10 minute miles. 😂 It was a good lesson for me. I often bulldoze my way through life trying to be productive, and ultimately, if I took breaks and let people take breaks we’d probably be happier and the same amount productive. Always, always learning. 

No comments: