Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Day #71 and #72

I have been loving running early in the morning. I love getting it over with and knowing the rest of the day that it’s done. I love the cool breeze and the energy I feel. Yesterday I did 9.6 miles up St. Andrews Church Rd. I run 1 minute 45 seconds, then walk 40 seconds. Then repeat 50 times. I’m extremely slow - most miles take me an average of 10 minutes, but occasionally I have an 11 minute mile, and even less occasionally a 9 minute mile. During one of my 40 second walks I saw this beautiful woodpecker (?) and pulled a dad. He was fun to watch. 

We headed out to St. Mary’s City on our grand adventure just after 11. Our first stop (ok actually second, after a brief stint in SMC) was to the St. Inigoes General Store and we all brought our masks and everyone was going to pick a fun soda. Last time I picked an agave coke and it was delicious. Much to our dismay, even though I had checked online and they were supposed to be open, they were closed. Whomp, whomp. 

Second stop, Enso Bakery in St. Mary’s City. I’ve been wanting to go there for a long time, they are supposed to have the best croissants. And then, much to our dismay times 2, it was closed. For a fat kid like myself that plans life around eating, these two disappoints were quite difficult. But I love St. Mary’s City and it was a beautiful day, so on we went. We explored mostly down by the water. 

And then hiked up to the cemetery overlooking the water. My dad has brought Addie a camera to play on and they were thick as thieves. 

We left around 1 because I hadn’t packed lunch on account of the fancy soda and croissants. Undaunted, we picked up A&W on our way home. Then we headed up to the green to enjoy the snow come truck. Delaney is Miss Patriotic. Mask and all. 

That evening Matt and Tony took the girls kayaking Macintosh Run. It was absolutely heavenly to spend a few hours home alone. 

I watched some tv and then cleaned the kitchen and made apple butter. It was just calm and quiet and wonderful. 

And of course the crew had a great time. 

I heard that Addie sunk her kayak but Matt and Tony were able to right it. 

That all the girls swam and the water was only cold at first. 

I heard differing stories on why Delaney did most of the rowing. 

It was also wonderful that the girls had a full day outside and came home tired, ready for a shower, dinner, and bed. 

Matt found this giant snake! Blech. 

Matt did a good job with and took tons of pictures. 










And how about back to St. Mary’s City. I love this crazy crew. Addie got one with my dad with us, but we haven’t downloaded then yet. 

Last night I set my bread maker to finish bread by 9am and also cooked down the apple butter. It felt so very Little House on the Prairie. 

This afternoon Addie and Abby went to the stream and Ellie came over to play with Laney. 

They build a doghouse for D. 

Chris and i made an Indian dish called Biryani Masala. I found a seasoning in the pantry and found a recipe online, but none of them said how much seasoning to use. We made our best guess and it was tasty. It was spicy in that Indian way. Christian decided he’d like to watch Scoob tonight l, so he bought it for the girls to watch and then they were best buddies. I thought it was funny when Delaney filled Christians glass with water from her water bottle. 

Tonight we had LuAnn Oliver join us for our additional relief society meeting. It was so good. Spoke right to my heart and gave me such encouragement and good ideas. I had just this afternoon made a rule that during the 45 minutes I tutor Frankie there are to be no interruptions. They can speak, ask questions, etc before or after, but not during. Tutoring interruptions put me right into emotional overwhelm. I loved the clarity of the way she explained it. 

After rs Matt and I visited outside with Mikkel and Louise, our old Danish neighbors. They are going back to Denmark this summer and everything is up in the air and different than they’d planned and hard. We saw Nicole and Mike walking by on their “date” and we all laughed about our few moments away from our children.

No comments: