Friday, May 1, 2020

Day #47

I bought a spiralizer from a neighbor. I let us sit for a few days to make sure any germs died off, because that’s how we live now. I washed it of course, we watched some instruction videos, and then Frankie tried it out. She spiraled an apple and it worked really well. Good buy for $10. 

It finally stopped raining this afternoon, so while I went for a run, Matt let the girls play at the stream. It’s such a weird time that I don’t love letting the girls out by themselves, so I was glad he stayed with them. 

We all got home around the same time, and we found these fun messages from the Ainas on our driveway. 

It was sweet and a nice surprise. 

Our leftovers were piling up on us, so we ate through those for dinner, then made chocolate parfaits for National Chocolate Parfait Day. We made whipped cream and used Oreos and chocolate chips and they were delicious. 

And for reference. Our little county has 160 confirmed cases now. People here are itching to get back to work. The governor says there are prerequisites we need to meet first. I see both sides, and the truth is, no one really knows. We can all Monday morning quarterback all we want, but i don’t think anyone really has the answers. As the quarantine hasn’t really negatively impacted our family, not in the past at it had for a lot of people, I’m leaning towards staying put even when things do open back up. But we are also taking things one day at a time. 

There are so many people that are struggling through this. It was a difficult day for a lot of sisters in our ward, and a roller coaster emotional day for me too. I wish there was more I could do. 

We zoomed with my family tonight, and that was wonderful. And tomorrow is Saturday, so 🙌🏼.

No comments: