Wednesday, August 5, 2026

To the beach!

 It was a good thing I can home when I did that Thursday, because I worked till a late bedtime and then was up early to pack the car and pickup the girls (from 2 hours away) by 9. I did laundry and gathered the last few things and we packed the non refrigerated stuff Thursday night and then loaded the coolers Friday morning. 

Camp and Fsy buddies!
Last girls camp for these 2!
Even though they had already taken group pictures, I made them take a few more. I’ve never been shy about making people take more pictures  🤣
I do love a silly shot. I don’t care if that’s my biggest white person quality. 🤣
At least they went with it a little! 🤣
😍
We left camp and were 4 hours from the beach. We shared alllll our camp stories and then before they fell asleep we stopped for brekkie for Adi and lunch for us at Chick-fil-A. Adi wanted  brekkie biscuit and ordered it al like 10:58, then D and I waited for the lunch menu at 11. 

Our next stop was BJ’s, which the closest one was 2 hours from the beach. It was *so* hot that we busted the move with all our cold stuff and were ready to hustle as soon as we opened the cooler to try to help everything stay cool. An hour and a half later we hit Aldi. We’d divided the shopping list in 3 to be as quick as possible and did the same coordinated attack on the cooler. Then we needed to hit Walmart for just the last few things, and it was so hot that I let Delaney stay in the car with the ac running just to be extra careful with all our food. Thankfully everything stayed nice and cold. Our milk even stayed frozen till the next day when we had to leave it out on the counter. 

So we got checked in and the houses are so cute and we got everything unpacked and the crew was at the beach and the girls were ready to go, so I sent them off and I organized the house. I love the beach so much, but I just needed to put everything in its place and have some order since it had been a crazy week. I got everything perfect and hit the beach for awhile and then Laura and David made dinner and we ate at the Armours. 

There was a beach house out of service and unfortunately it affected Laura and David’s house. So they couldn’t check in until Monday and they were about a 3 minute drive from us and Armour’s. So it wasn’t a late night because they had to drive home to Katie’s that night. After that, they stayed with Armours till Monday, but that first night on Friday Heather had a friend come down and stay. 

Anyway, it was a fabulous start to a fabulous week!


No comments: